Help wiring USSC 6500 Room blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy6500

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
So I am replacing one of the room blowers on my USSC 6500. I looked up the part number and ordered the blower. Only difference is that my unit uses single speed blowers (2 wires. a neutral and a hot) and the replacement is a 2 speed blower (3 wire, a neutral, a low speed hot and a high speed hot).
Old Blower:
OldBlower.JPG

New blower and wiring diagram from new blower:
NewWiring.JPG

NewDiagram.JPG

From the wiring diagram (to me) it looks like the low speed and high speed hot wires are energized individually to determine what speed the fan runs at. As apposed to low hot wire is always energized regardless of the speed the fan is running at and the high hot wire energized as well as the low hot for the fan to run on high.

So in my case I would wire the high hot and the neutral so the fan runs on high whenever it is on. Then I would simply leave the low hot unhooked and ziptie it out of the way.

Am I reading things correctly? I am decent home electric wiring, but not that great with reading wiring diagrams etc.

In case anyone searches for this answer, I hooked this fan up as described. I hooked up the neutral and the high speed hot lead. I wrapped up the low speed hot and zip tied it out of the way.

Works as designed

Reactions: ARC