Help with auger diagnosis

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcisland

May 29, 2010
wa state
Help!

Whitfield Advantage 2.

My auger quit working and I have gone through all of the diagnostics from the forum tips here - by passed the pressure switch, cleaned the auger, tested motor directly to outlet and it runs fine. Here is the real question: if I by pass both limit switches and nothing works would that mean the control panel? I also put a tester (cheap light type) on the two wires going into the limit switches and it is a dull light as opposed to a bright light like it is not getting full 120 volts. Actuallly it fires up bright when I hit the on buttton them dims after a few seconds. The feed light is a bright blinking per my feed rate.

can anyone help me?

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.