Help with cb1200i Cleaning rods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenghisJon

Nov 9, 2009
Middletown, CT
I noticed that my right cleaning road will only pull up about half way.

For the life of me I cannot get it to budge.

Can anyone give me any insight on what I need to do? Do I need to call someone for repairs?

Thanks,

Have you tried to take the two front plates off and then try the cleaning rods? Just wondering if one of the plates is holding the scraper bar back.

Look at the tubes, are they bent, warped. I have seen posts where bent tubes were straightened with a screw driver by prying.

If you are talking about the 'pot' cleaning rod (below the glass door), after burning on low for awhile mine gets a bit of carbon buildup on the sliding door making it tough to slide open. I use a 'dremel' tool (small die grinder) with a small granite type grinding bit the size of a dime and about 1/4 inch thick. Once the pot/stove cools, I cause the exhaust fan to come on with a quick 'on/off' flick of the thermostat then using the vacuum hose next to the upper back of the pot (and a face mask & glasses), I grind a bit, try the handle, grind some more until it frees up. Then I am good for a couple of weeks or so. I can do it in under 2 minutes now without lookin. When I first did it, I was trying to use a mirror and flashlight...needed 4 hands :lol: .....If it is the upper '2' rods (above the glass door) you are talking about, then as slls says, you might have some warping going on or a bad build-up of creosote etc ....... hope some of this helps........ cc. :)

sounds like a exchanger tube is warped they can be straightened with a screw driver or a flat bar.

You're not pulling them while the stove is burning, are you??? My dealer told me that is a no-no.

I have the same issue , exactly; did you fix it; if so, did you just use a crow bar? any info would be great.

I have had the 1200i for 2 seasons; when I first got it and it was under warranty; they came to fix the same issue; unfortunately I was not here to see how.

Thanks,
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.