Help with Englander 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
Hello, I bought a used 25pdvc and i'm not sure what the bottom buttons mean or do. Can someone let me know what they do or show me the forum that will. The buttons are the low feed rate, low burn air, and the air on temp. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

gripper93 said:
Hello, I bought a used 25pdvc and i'm not sure what the bottom buttons mean or do. Can someone let me know what they do or show me the forum that will. The buttons are the low feed rate, low burn air, and the air on temp. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Gripper, the air on temp should be set at 1, and never touched. The other 2, as far as i can tell, just affect the stove burn when you have it set to low settings, like 1-1,1-2, 2-2, or 2,3....settings like that.

I have my 10-cpm at 1-3-1, but my stove is different than yours. From what I've read, I think Englander usually wants stoves like yours to start at 4-6-1.

Did you get an owners manual w/ the stove? If not, they have them on the Englander website for download.

pelletizer said:
I think factory is from left to right 6-4-1
Oooops...maybe i got that a little backwards. Well, I'd try both ways....LOL

6-4-1 sounds like a lot of pellets for not much air on a low setting.

Maybe I am wrong with 6-4-1 would not surprize me, anyway mine is currently at 4-5-1 for what it's worth.

Mine is set to 4-5-1. Never set the 1 to anything different. Comes factory pre set to 5-5-1, don't play with it much if you aren't having issues. First number is pellet feed rate, second number is air. No matter what heat and blower setting you have your stove at (top 2 settings), 5-5-1 will work. Hope that helps.

pelletizer said:
Maybe I am wrong with 6-4-1 would not surprize me, anyway mine is currently at 4-5-1 for what it's worth.

Yep, I'm pretty sure i read on here in previous posts that quite a few people used 4-6-1 with good success. 4-5-1 can't be much different, so i'm sure both would work just fine.

Thanks macman. 4-6-1,4-5-1, 5-5-1 should work for all.

Thanks for the info. So never change the air got that, but as for the other two willl they slow the feed rate of the top auger a bit to get less pellets in the burn pot? It just seems the top auger is always turning the same no matter what rate setting its on. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.