Help with my whitfield sp2?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbagjimmy

Dec 1, 2007
western ma
My better half and i inherited an 1990 Whitfield SP2 from our homes previous owner. It has been an interesting experience to say the least but i will get right to my question. The auger continously gets stuck(the motor clicks but the auger doesn't turn. I cleaned the hopper where the auger is located to the best of my ability but while doing so i noticed i was able to move the auger up and down in its mount. Is this normal? I also have a pic of the motor mount and I am wondering if there is suppose to be something else above the collar? here is a link of the pic

I am obviously new here and searched the forum for a bit so any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Attachments

• auger_edit2.JPG
    auger_edit2.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 259
THere will be a little endplay slop in the auger to bushing.

The best way to tell if a jam is to remove the auger motor and back off the auger with pliers
or remove the auger from the hopper buy removing the 4 bolts from the bushing plate and pull out.
Make sure the hopper is empty first.

Well I know this is an old thread...but I am now having a similar issue with my whitfield.

My auger motor hums and i can see it spinning, but the actual auger won't turn. its clean and not jammed or anything...so i purchased a new motor assembly. now, for the life of me, i cant get the old assembly off. I've got to be doing something wrong...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.