HELP!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgpf99

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
SE Massachusetts
I installed the pellet pipe w/ the 6” to 8” attachment that I bought last night that connects to the 3” pipe. It backed up w/ smoke from every corner of the pellet pipe. Now, it has an approx distance of 2’ from the wall to the actual flute. There is no 3” or 4” vent pipe in there but it does have the original 8” liner there. There is no chimmeney cap there I will be installing that shortly. I did not hook up the outside air intake due to the fact that it is a Harman stove and it doesn’t always require it. I sealed all the seams last night. Any ideas what my problem could be?

Mike

508-726-9960

I have a T on it after the appliance adapter w/ a cleanout. Do I need a 90 degree elbow instead? I can email pictures. To big to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.