HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juliegirl

Jan 21, 2011
indiana
We have a 5510 and in the book it don't tell you how to turn the heat range up We have ours up on 5 and still freezing in here please help!!!!

The book tells you that the heat range is controlled by pressing the heat range up arrow to increase it and the heat range down arrow to decrease it.

Could it be that you are already running it flat out?

Julie, as Smokey asked, is 5 the highest heat setting?

Can you describe the flame you're getting (tall and lazy w/ blackish tips, or short & bright like a blowtorch, or in between)?

What brand of pellets are you using?

Is the stove new, or used?

When was the last time the COMPLETE stove and exhaust pipes were cleaned? (not just the firebox & firepot)

Geez guys, you scared the corn out of her.

Welcome, please forgive my friends above. They have this bulls and horns thing... We are here to help. Both Mac an Bear speak normal talk, so it's OK to ask in plain English..... I don't think we are breaking our New Years resolution to be nice for a month, are we?????

I'll help. Did you try contacting the service department at the local hearth shop you bought this complicated piece of equipment from?

not sure if your control board is the same as mine but here is how I adjust my feed rate.

• Call Us STOVE COMPANY AND THEY WILL WALK YOU THROUGH THE SETTINGS TO ADD PELLETS SLOWER AND FIX THE PROBLEM. THIS WILL FIX BOTH THE POT OVERFLOWING AND THE GLASS GETTING SO MUCH SOOT ON IT, ALTHOUGH YOU WILL GET BUILD UP ON THE GLASS AFTER A WEEK OR SO UNDER NORMAL USAGE. ON MY 5500 XL I HOLD IN THE B& C BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME UNTILL A P APPEARS IN BOTH THE HEAT RANGE AND BLOWER SETTINGS BOX, THEN HIT THE POWER ON BUTTON TILL NUMBERS POP UP, 85 IS FACTORY DEFAULT SETTING, RAISING THE NUMBER REDUCES THE AMOUNT OF PELLETS DELIVERED. THE HEAT RANGE ARROWS RUN THE NUMBER UP OR DOWN, AFTER YOU SET IT PUSH THE ON BUTTON AGAIN TO RETURN TO NORMAL. THAT IS HOW MINE WORKS, YOURS MAY BE DIFFERANT SO YOU MAY NEED TO CALL US STOVE COMPANY 800-750-2723

Franks said:
I'll help. Did you try contacting the service department at the local hearth shop you bought this complicated piece of equipment from?

Don't go there Franks.

Status
Not open for further replies.