HELPPPP!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCDOGG

Feb 19, 2009
NY
I have a Quadra FIre Mt Vernon. Earlier today it made some loud grinding sounds and now when I turn on, the blower turns on but the feeder will not. I have checked the vacuum hose and still nothing. The fan seems to stay on when plugged in even it thermostat is off. I hit the reset but but still no pellets will drop??? Any suggested. I emptied the hopper and there does not appear to be a jam??? Any way to check if the feeder/Auger is OK. Thanks, Kevin

is it the AE version?

you would know if you had the AE when the stove is unplugged and plugged back in it will run about ten min. have you put fuel back in it? if so press th re sett every 2 mins for about 10 if that does not work
you can cloud jump the vac switch out and see if it feeds also nuber 2 snap cloud be bad a bad t.c or #3 snap start with the vacum switch after you reload is th control box clear or grey and do you see any flashing light on the box?

He has a reset button, so definately not AE.
The exhaust blower will run for 20 min +- when you plug it in, whether thermostat is calling for heat or not.
Sounds like a feed jam. I would pull the feed motor and auger assembly to clear the whole feed system. Vacuum everything out, reinstall auger assembly.
One thing that everyone seems to forget on these is that it will not feed if the bottom of the auger is not covered with pellets. It looses vacuum pressure through the auger tube without pellets in the hopper. If you want you can jumper the vacuum switch to test the feed motor.

This is getting weird. I checked everything again. Put the panels back on. Filled with fuel an it started fine and was feeding fine. I thought problem solved however the convection blower never kicked on so after 10 minutes or so I turned it off, It was definitely hot enough for the blower to kick on. .I waited for it to cool and started it again, and now it wont feed again. This is frustrating. I need some heat. And yes, when I plug it backl in, I think its the exhaust fan thet just keep runnin.

I am not sure about your stove. Is there a brass bushing at the bottom of the plate that holds your auger? If so, check and see if it is worn.

I had a similar problem with my Mt vernon earlier this year. it turned out there was not enough of a vacum because the seal around the glass was frayed. replaced the seal and have not had a prblem since.

what does the control box look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.