Hemlock on Deck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The three Hemlock pictured are up next for milling, after a nice breakfast I'll go back in to limb up the tree in pic 4960 then fell the Hemlock in pic 4961.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4960.JPG
    100_4960.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_4961.JPG
    100_4961.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_4962.JPG
    100_4962.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: ScotO
Nice.... Have any pics of the milling "in operation"?

Looks like some Good straight trees to make some good board.

Nice.... Have any pics of the milling "in operation"?

Looks like some Good straight trees to make some good board.
Not yet DexterDay, I need a tripod for the camera first. It's like watching paint dry. :cool: Smokin might have some vids but I'll see if my old tripod fits our newer camera then maybe next weekend I can take some.

zap

Not yet DexterDay, I need a tripod for the camera first. It's like watching paint dry. :cool: Smokin might have some vids but I'll see if my old tripod fits our newer camera then maybe next weekend I can take some.

zap
I remember seeing some of his vids. Its slow. But still interesting.

Yep.... That's the video I remember. It's a slow process. But still very informative.

I read the title and thoughyt you had some hemlock on your deck.
Zap your in the woods a lot, you get any ticks on you yet? I got the first of the year on me already today, hope its not a sign of things to come.

Reactions: ScotO
Not yet weatherguy, I did buy some spray you use on your clothes you wear in the woods, my work clothes need spraying this year, they say it's good for six washes. I also try and take a good hot shower right after I get out of the woods.

This is the tick spray....http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sawyer-Duranon-Permethrin-Insect-Repellent/714807.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=tick+spray&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products&x=8&y=15&Ntt=tick spray&WTz_l=Header;Search-All Products

zap

Thanks, Im going to order some right now, I got lyme last year and dont want to risk it again. I did take a shower soon as I was done and thats how I discovered the little bugger, he chose to bore into my chest so it was an easy spot.

weatherguy; I also spray my chaps and clothing with Deep Woods Off with 25% deet.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.