Here comes another storm!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
I hope all of you are warm and ready, my thoughts are with you!

map_specnews37_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

map_specnews11_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

yep... i took my RWD sports car to work today like a dumbass instead of my truck. lol looks like i'm leaving early today :Z

Same old, same old, it is November and around here it is time for rain, wind, some snow and sleet are also possible.

I've spent many a day out in it after critters, if it gets a bit cold and you get snow squalls the partridge (well ruffed grouse actually) head for the branches in various trees.

Let's see running the list, yep all set.

snowing here now.... not sticking yet. making my exit from the office soon :)

I think that snow map needs to expand a bit more eastward. It's snowing like crazy down here, not sticking yet near the coast.

Slipped and slide all the way home. Highway had ice under the snow, A tad white knuckled with a few whoops and wee's added. Once I got to the back roads they had sand down and it smooth sailing from there.

Home safe where its warm and toasty inside.

I'm ready, plow is on the truck, snow blower is tuned up and ready to be loaded on the back of the truck. I'll be plowing my customers driveways and take the snow blower down the ramps and clean their sidewalks and a path for the oil/propane fuel fill. If it freezes I've got a 5 gallon buckets each with different media. There's ice pellets, salt, sand, and clay/speedy dry. I charge my customers one price within 24 hrs no matter how much snow we get unlike some I know they won't get out of their truck and charge for every push of 4".

Calling for 3-6" here by morning.:mad: Maybe this will be one of those times they're wrong.

There was enough on the road on the way home from work for me to put the car in 4X4....it was slippery!

Central CT here, 29 with raging winds, and well over 6" now. I have deep drifts, so cant get a acurate measurment now, but we might hit double digits if it keeps up much longer.

Got about 2 inches right now blowing sideways! Lots of wind, and now it is getting really icy out. Had the cherokee in 4 wheel drive on the way home. Had the stove up and running by 6:30 the house was at 67 and by 7:30 it was almost 71. Still blowing snow outside, no real seasoned firewood for this first year....thankfully got a few bundles of biobricks...

No snow here. Just wind and more wind. Hands down the coldest 33F I've ever felt.

I got about 4 or 5, but its hard to tell since the wind kinda blew it around and leveled it out. i didn't even bother to shovel the driveway... it will all be melted by tonight or tomorrow.

Plus, the shovels are still in the shed. lol i wasn't ready for this so soon.

Im under the Bullseye for this storm, Solid 12" with reports of 14 up the hill a bit morre. I snowblowed at 10 PM l;ast night, was close to 10 then, and had another 3 overnight.

We've had a mixed bag here, nothing even close to a storm as far as I'm seeing. You folks are just "lucky" enough to be getting most of it.

The chickens had their first snow pile up on the ramps leading into their coops, normally they rush right out (they get a morning treat), as soon as the first chicken foot hit the snow the brakes went on hard and what a pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.