Here she is

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dukefan3916

Oct 13, 2011
pa
This is my new P43 all fired up. I am looking at possibly getting an outside air kit for it. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome

Attachments

• DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 767
Looks great! You're gonna love that pellet stove. I recommend the OAK that you mentioned. The only other thing I can think of is if you don't already have one, get a good surge protector for the stove. Have fun!

Yeah got a surge protector. I was going to go straight out with the thimble that had the outside air kit included in it. However I then realized that my baseboards are to high and did not want to cut into them. So i did the rise and figured to install the oak later. Anyone know of any kits to purchase.

dukefan3916 said:
This is my new P43 all fired up. I am looking at possibly getting an outside air kit for it. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome

Hello dukefan3916

Nice stove and install. Congrats!!

Having an OAK for a Wood Pellet stove is nice to have!

Having an OAK on my Carlin Burner for my Oil Boiler is a MUST HAVE!!!

See pellet stove and boiler OAK pics and discussion here
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/68771/

Attachments

• AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 649
for a real good price on an OAK, ty Dynamite Buys LTD go on their web site and use the code word dynamite and get an additional discount. Good OAK for about $30. 800-686 5730 I bought two, gave one to my brother. Took me about 30 min to install. worth every cent.

Congrats!!

Nice looking stove!

I have a home built OAK, But you can buy them in any hearth shop. Most of the Pipe places online also have them. The one save$ talked about is resoanable.

I went to home depot and bought a 4 inch dryer vent hood(all metal only). I had to remove the flapper thing in it. Then I bought the 3 inch flexible duct and a 3-4 inch adapter. Spent somewhere around $30.00. I couldn't find a 3 inch kit and my stove required larger than the 2' kits available. I had little chice but to make mine.

Don't use the plastic hoods. In the event of a power outage you OAK "could" become exhause and it will get hot enough to melt the thin plastic! Most stove manuals will also state no plastic parts for the OAK. FYI

j-takeman said:
I went to home depot and bought a 4 inch dryer vent hood(all metal only). I had to remove the flapper thing in it. Then I bought the 3 inch flexible duct and a 3-4 inch adapter. Spent somewhere around $30.00. I couldn't find a 3 inch kit and my stove required larger than the 2' kits available. I had little chice but to make mine.

Don't use the plastic hoods. In the event of a power outage you OAK "could" become exhause and it will get hot enough to melt the thin plastic! Most stove manuals will also state no plastic parts for the OAK. FYI

I found that the P43 does have a one-way flapper on the outside air inlet, but melting plastic doesn't sound safe either.

Nice setup Dukefan. What style of house do you have? how many floors?

My house was built in 1920. It is a two story brick house just square in design 1200 square feet. Have an attic and basement. The stove heats it pretty good but have not run it too long. I figure it will take awhile to get the whole house up to temp.

If you get the aluminum intake flex pipe (any stove shop) and are comfortable with metal work, get a piece of sheet aluminum and a rivet gun (any hardware store) and make your own OAK on the cheap.

A friend did it on his house and it came out great. I'll put up a pic if I go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.