Here we go boys and girls !!! 12 face cords getting delivered on WednesdaY!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soadrocks

Nov 1, 2009
Rochester, NY
It's that time of the year....12 face cords delivered this wednesday! I'm actually excited to start stacking!

Here is a pic from last year...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-15 at 6.36.45 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-15 at 6.36.45 PM.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 672
We just had 3.5 cords delivered this weekend. We had each cord stacked before they came with the next ones. We have around 7 cords ready.

Sweet! 4 cords??
I'm guessing that; this is next winters wood & the picture is wood you seasoned all year for this winter.

bogydave said:
Sweet! 4 cords??
I'm guessing that; this is next winters wood & the picture is wood you seasoned all year for this winter.

I'm guessing no. :)

Looks like a city lot without a bunch of room, I'm guessing it's wood for this season. Not everyone is willing to sacrifice the space needed for multiple years.

Soadrocks said:
Whats your strategy to stack so fast?!?!?!?
I live in the country so my brother in-law drove beside the stacks and we unloaded in the side yard. My wife and I stacked the wood. She handed me splits and I stacked. I would dread having to carry it too far.

Very Nice... And the Ol'Lady is "Striking a Pose" for you on the Pile... Love it.

Soadrocks said:
Whats your strategy to stack so fast?!?!?!?

When I split the wood, it is right where I will stack it. I do not wish to carry the wood before stacking.

Here is an example. I cut the wood during the winter months and then in late March I started splitting this wood.
3-23-09b.jpg

Finished splitting.
4-4-09e.jpg

Finished stacking.
Wood-2009d.jpg

I'll be burning some of that wood this winter but will still have plenty left for next winter. Then there are a couple more stacks that are drying. Probably enough to go through 2015-2016. I'd best get busy this winter.

Dennis your the man, impeccable, split pile, stacks. Best is the milk crate. What's the top seat padding?

Tom

Nice wood you have there. Seems like it would go much faster to tip the splitter the normal way and split the wood while standing then sitting on the job? :)

NATE379 said:
Nice wood you have there. Seems like it would go much faster to tip the splitter the normal way and split the wood while standing then sitting on the job? :)

Horizontal is strictly for towing ! Every one Knows verticle is the only way to split.

Status
Not open for further replies.