Here's your milk crate...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I was thinking about how BB gives you a shirt for your new Englander stove and I got to wondering why Dennis doesn't give all new splitter owners their own splitting seat. I'm sure it would do wonders to promote vertical splitting and splitting comfort in general...

Just wondering, that's all...

It's actually all about the hat . . .

and the pursed lip...

. . . you sayin' Dennis should give people lip?

:lol: Well, if I still worked at the dairy then I could send everyone a crate. As it is, you'll have to scrounge for them now.

Here's yer crate. All cushiony and stuff too. :lol:

Attachments

• lool82-benches-recycled-milk-crate-photo.jpg
    lool82-benches-recycled-milk-crate-photo.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 648
I don't know about those Dave. I still like my hot seat on the crate.

PapaDave said:
Thought I'd throw a little funny into the morning. :coolsmile:
I think they are CUTE!!! LOL.

Danno77 said:
PapaDave said:
Thought I'd throw a little funny into the morning. :coolsmile:
I think they are CUTE!!! LOL.

+1 in my girls room!

Just wondering: do the crate and hat and pursed lip work with Fiskars?

I've always used an 18-20" tall round to sit on while splitting. That looks a whole lot comfortable. After a few hours of sitting on a hard log, my bony butt gets pretty sore.

The first round off the trailer always goes on the ground to be the seat. Then when I split the seat I know the job is done.

snowleopard said:
Just wondering: do the crate and hat and pursed lip work with Fiskars?

Absolutely. That's what Dennis is talking about when he says he sits to split, isn't it?

My Fiskars works so well, I just set it in front of the wood pile and then sit on a milk crate and watch it do its thing. Haven't taught it how to stack yet, but the next edition of Fiskars is s'posed to fell, limb, split, stack, carry the wood inside, and stoke the stove. You still have to cart the ashes out all by yourself, though.

Every evening for the last three days, after work, after chores, I have tried this, and nada.

Milk crate: check
Hat: check
Lips: check
Fiskars: check
Wood: check.

I am doing everything right, and nothing happens. Please advise.

BeGreen said:
I've always used an 18-20" tall round to sit on while splitting. After a few hours of sitting on a hard log, my bony butt gets pretty sore.

BrotherBart said:
The first round off the trailer always goes on the ground to be the seat.
I like a shorter round, about 12". Gets me down closer to the work with less bending. And I've got a piece of closed-cell foam about 3/4" thick to cushion my butt bones.

Woody Stover said:
I like a shorter round, about 12". Gets me down closer to the work with less bending...
Ja, especially when using the shorter handle version of Fiskars.

Verticle splitting- +1, milk crate for seating apparatus- nawww= -1. I do not like "Waffle-Butt". (anything I sit on should not cause rainwater to collect on my butt, should I choose to lay on my stomach while relaxing, after the work is done). I'll stick to a short- round.

Beetle-Kill said:
l"Waffle-Butt"

And You Were There: no one is posting "pix or it didn't happen".

I prefer a 5 gal spackleing bucket

If I started sitting on the job I wouldn't want to get up and actually get some work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.