Hestia Pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chase100

May 27, 2009
minnesota
Just wanted to give kudos to hestia heating for a pretty interesting stove. bought one a few months back and it is in the basement of my 1880 square foot split level. with the recent weather we had and still are it kept my house at 72 deg all weekend from fri afternoon till mon. woke up to 15 below this morn and the house was the same temp all weekend. have to say its one of the best investments i have made.

yep i will snap some pics and post tommorrow. kind of a old style look to it. black, but its the only color available from what i was told. i got 3 40 pound bags of pellets in the bad boy never touched it for 3 days, untill i shut it off this morn. still about 1/4 hopper of wood pellets in it. that was on the 2nd from the lowest setting, around 15000 btu.

Franks said:
http://www.hestiaheating.com/features.html

Heres a link to Hestia

Nice looking stove. Let us know how it's working out, I've never heard of a Hestia before.

took some pics last night but left the camera at home sorry, will get the pics of my install tonight. they are made in minn by the looks of the we site. a few dealers in mn and spread out toeards the east seems to be. called them to see were more dealers were located besides mn....another -15 below and the house was toasty this morn again...un belieavable.

yeh i really cant say enough about the thing, other than only being able to get 1 color its really user friendly thats for sure. only takes about 10 min to completly clean the whole stove, i mean convection tubes and all. it dosent have just a raker to clean half the tubes you can acually just pull 2 panels and get to the complete back of the convection chamber and straight out the exaust with out having to pull any venting apart. i will def get some pics up for you guys..if there is any body else out there with one, i sure think its a good investment.

How much does a stove like that cost?

Not sure on the cost at the moment, sure the dealers would have them or could prob order one right from the factory if a dealer isnt close to you. Krooser, looks like the closest one to you would be chip falls. http://www.chippewavalleyalternativeenergy.com sounds like they have a pretty good deal going on them, but a aways from you for instalation or service if needed..

A grand off list is a pretty good deal... but I don't make enough $$$ to get that whole $1500.00 tax credit... I might get $1.98 back from Uncle Barry...

chase100 said:
Trying to put a pic on for everyone of the stove in my basement but it seems the pic is to big.....

I found that if I try to e-mail the picture to myself, it will give me the option of downsizing the picture. I select small, e-mail it, then save it with a name in the picture files. then in this reply section, go to the attachments, click on browse, get your picture, then click on preview post. for multiple pictures, select one at a time and hit the preview post each time until you have all the pics you want to include.
Really like reading post with pictures!

alright thats what i will try, sure want to get the pic on here so everyone can see it. not that im tooting my own horn...but dang happy with a investment i made finnaly..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.