Hey Punk!! You used to be Maple.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Well, Sunday was the day this week, to cover missing last week. I figured with the cooler weather coming I'd need to move up to 3 bucket loads a week. Well, I got 3 loads, but a lot of work for nothing much. First trip into the woods, I broke a chain. Not, threw, a chain. Broke. Looked down, didn't see any gaping holes in my Carhrtts, didn't feel any warm fluid running down my leg. Chaincatcher worked apparently. So with a bunch of 'wrong-sized' stuff, I couln't really get a full bucket. East west is for loading the boiler, not the bucket.

Anyway, on load 3 I had a partial bucket of Oak left over from a prior outing. A Maple had broken off at about 3" in some recent wind. As hard as it fought the tractor, I thought it might still have some solid wood in it. It didn't explode into a million bits when I pulled it sideways against another tree, like Aspen does. Finally got it cut up yesterday, and stacked inside this AM. I won't be burning this until it warms up a bit.

I need to teach him how to skid logs. Just don't look into his eyes!!! We are both lovin the snow :)

You must have some fun handling all that wood in the snow!

Are those rounds headed for the stove? They look huge! But, hard to judge size in the pic I guess! I'd love to have a tractor by the way. I think when I'm 50, my wife might let me. 13 years to go! Cheers!

[quote author="ISeeDeadBTUs" date="1291861937"]
1282010.gif

Nice pictures plus your dog looks like its having a blast, any idea why the chain broke?

zap

Looks like some of those rounds will burn like cardboard you get at Aldi's............ :)

WoodButcher

LOL! About the worst waste of time wood getting is getting a bunch of wood you think is gonna be great, then ya find out it's all punky. Maybe I'll stop at Aldi's on the way home :)

Chain broke cause I think someone tried to cut a rock with it :long:

Status
Not open for further replies.