HHO $3.58

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slls

Minister of Fire
Jun 9, 2008
central maine Lat 45
Nothing else is up at same dealer, stick wood, pellets, stove blocks, coal, all the same price.
You just can't trust oil prices. At that price it would cost me $1074 to fill my tank.

One of my co-workers just paid $3.94. He was a big doubter of my stove investment last fall, not anymore. :coolsmile:

A neighbor just paid $3.69/gal and needed 250 gallons. I think I got him interested in a pellet stove/furnace. What he just paid to fill his tank I can heat for the whole season(with higher priced pellets even).

$922+ for oil=3 1/2 tons at $260 and change.

I tell everybody this and then I hear the same thing, how much you got in to it.

So if you have 4G into your stove with everything and the cost of oil now how long would it take you to recover

j-takeman said:
A neighbor just paid $3.69/gal and needed 250 gallons. I think I got him interested in a pellet stove/furnace. What he just paid to fill his tank I can heat for the whole season(with higher priced pellets even).

$922+ for oil=3 1/2 tons at $260 and change.

Hi Jay

Same here, my neighbors are paying $550 to $650 a month for oil now!!!!!

I paid $750 for 3 tons last summer for premium pellets (Logik-e from Canada same as PWI)

Plus all my neighbors are paying big service fees not only for cleaning but for breakdowns in this unusually cold winter here in sNH.

Example:
One neighbor $750 for new Tankless coil. (They are not as efficient as an indirect tank!) plus the usual cleaning fee!!
Another neighbor $$$$ for new Oil Line, Oil Pump, new spin filter and head, new nozzle, and Tiger loop. That did not count the cleaning bill last October!!
Another neighbor - 3 service calls and 3 Oil Pumps until they found that 12 years ago a installed Oil Line CHECK valve was causing all the trouble. 10 years ago they stopped installing Oil Line Check Valves because of all the problems they cause!! Plus the usual cleaning fee!!

Just got 400 gal of propane. Haven't had a delivery since may. $3.39 per gal. This will last till next spring thanks to my englander multi fuel stove.

I was talking about this issue with a guy at work and he was like "yeah pellets are cheaper cuz nobody wants to lug around bags"

I told him i can heat my home to 75 degrees for a whole winter for under 7 bills, and That shut him up.

Some people are lazy, want to be warm? just push a button. Me I love the flame, the heat it throws and would probably burn pellets even if they were MORE expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.