Hi Lift Jack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I will be hauling this back in tomorrow when we go back to mill, this should make it easier getting the log off the ground.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3811.jpg
    100_3811.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_3812.jpg
    100_3812.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 241
Dad's had one for over 30 yrs,they can do a lot of things but like anything else can be wicked if you dont pay attention.I've seen a few that several old-timers welded a larger plate to the foot,for more stability.Used one many a time to lift the front end of an old Farmall H,change front tire on '75 Dodge Power Wagon & other heavy tasks. Seen one at Orscheln Farm Store a couple weeks back,they wanted $86 + tax,which was a lot more than he gave for his in 1981.Nice to see they're still American-Made too.

Very nice add to the kit! I just use MMAUL Back..lol

Good job Zap. They are indispensible tools. I hauled my Jeep out of a snowbank with a Hi-Lift and 2 chains one night. Jerked that sucker almost 10' sideways, saved my wife from a long walk home to call for help. (what- it would have been good exercise, for her :) )
Add- Here's a tip- If you ever think you may need to use it to change a tire, keep a 6'-8' length of chain w/ hooks with it. Wrap the chain around the frame and axle. That way, when you try to jack-up the vehicle by the bumper, the axle/tire combo goes up also instead of letting the suspension flex out. safer and faster.

smokinjay said:

Your bad, what has MMaul been up to?

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Your bad, what has MMaul been up to?

zap

Here is his last piece and will be copying it with a live edge for someone for x-mass. Pub table. Walnut and spalted hickory! This is without finish.

Attachments

• aaron.jpg
    aaron.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.