HI300 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboync

Jul 12, 2009
NC
I'm not sure I can make the turn with the flex liner into the flue adaptor. Going by dimensions in the specifications the center of the hole on the stove should be about 11 1/8 inches from the face of the fireplace. The chimney area/opening doesn't open up until about ten inches from the face of the fireplace. That basically puts the flue adaptor under fireplace brick/masonry. The stove should be about 21 1/2 inches high and the brick/masonry fireplace height at this location is about 29". Folllow? Does that leave enough room to turn/tie a flex liner into the flue adaptor? I can't find on Hampton's website how long that adaptor is. Just wanna figure if this insert will work/fit before I consider buying one.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

You should be able to get a 30 degree SS adapter from your hearth shop.
That way only one bend will be required in the liner...
Shouldn't cost more than about $20...
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.