High\Low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrondave

Oct 6, 2008
upstate new york
Hello, everyone I'm in the market for a new Pellet stove, I searched the forum for pellet stoves with a high\Low heating mode and really didn't find much?
I already own a Breckwell Big E, and I don't want to buy another Breckwell, had to replace 3 motors in 3 years, so I would appreciate it if someone could give me some other pellet stove manufacturer that have the High\Low mode.
Dependability is most import and I have a budget up to $5000 ?

enviro ,st croix, qudra-fire ,harman all make a nice stove

Quadra-Fire and Heatilator will run on a thermostat. Harman can do a few different modes of operation.

With those three brands I would say you can not go wrong.

Eric

I was looking at Quadrafires and Heatilators, but i didn't read anything about HighLow mode, the reason I want that mode is so I can run the stove on a progamable thermostat, for what I've read about these stoves is they turn off and on with a thermostat, I would concerned about going thru ignitors ?

the quad and the heatilator will both shut off the ignitor is not a problem with the quad. the heatilator has only been out for about a year now but is made in the sam factory as quad so my guess is that it will be fine. st.croix and enviro will both turn the stove from high down to low and if you want you can set it so it will turn the stove off as well you wont go wrong with any of them

My Englander 10-cpm multi-fuel has both hi-lo and on-off modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.