High pellet prices in Ohio, what the hey.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Pencil

Oct 30, 2008
Tipp City, Ohio
Opened letter from store I bought my stove from in '04 and Summer wood pellet program 2009 looks like this...

100% Premium oak pellets at $310 per ton.
Minimum purchase of two tons to participate.
Discount of $20/ton($290) w/ purchase of 2 tons.
$25/ton($285) w/ purchase of 3 tons.
$30/ton($280) with purchase of 4 or more tons.
Limited Quantities and first come first served.

I am seeing the same thing in Delaware $310 a ton

My question to the dealer would be, "When I buy your pellets, do I get a night alone with Jessica Alba or Jessica Simpson?

richg said:
My question to the dealer would be, "When I buy your pellets, do I get a night alone with Jessica Alba or Jessica Simpson?

Careful now you might have this edited and have O.J. Simpson show up in your post instead of Jessica, then tossed later to the Ash Can!

They are $285/ton in Cincinnati for the month of April. The brand is Country Boy made in southern kentucky. A very good pellet.

We are trying to form a buying group to purchase direct from a manufacture. Thus far the best price we have been quoted is $210/ton delivered to Cincinnati.

Cincinnati Kid said:
They are $285/ton in Cincinnati for the month of April. The brand is Country Boy made in southern kentucky. A very good pellet.

We are trying to form a buying group to purchase direct from a manufacture. Thus far the best price we have been quoted is $210/ton delivered to Cincinnati.

$210 is a good price.

Eric

Menards in Tipp City is $4.99/bag no discount on ton. That figures out to $250 + tax.
TSC is $264/ton in Troy.

I figured pellets around here would be in the mid $200 of which these prices are in. The early summer sale paper I recieved I thought was a lot higher than what I was thinking it should be as being before the next winter. I was a little spoiled as getting my pellets last year at $179/ton of which I bought 6 now down to a little over one ton left.

Status
Not open for further replies.