Hillside Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Once I cleared the trail yesterday this beech was down the trail on the side of the hill, looks like it might be punky but I'll make a few cuts and see if any of it is good.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2965.jpg
    100_2965.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 231
Man, it seems that you've got a unlimited supply. All you've got to go is go for a ride. That has to be nice. Congrats on that ablity.

chvymn99 said:
Man, it seems that you've got a unlimited supply. All you've got to go is go for a ride. That has to be nice. Congrats on that ablity.

After any storms with rain and high wind that is the first thing we do (take a ride) looking for more wood. It seems the Cherry takes the biggest hit.

GIBIR

Looks like most of it is off the ground. I bet most of it is ok.

Zap, How many acres do you have own and/or have access to? Parents just own 10,but it seems I can never stay caught up lol.They used to have access to about 60 of timber on neighbor's farm,but since original owner died about 10 yrs back & his farm was split up between 2-3 buyers,no one else is allowed on the land.His 3 children lived in other part of state,or out of state & didnt want the land either,just the money from it.

Thistle, Zap owns about 1,000 acres! lol Not really, but you are right that it is difficult to stay caught up with all the wood. We never do so try to get the best wood for ourselves and leave the marginal stuff for the little critters.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thistle, Zap owns about 1,000 acres! lol Not really, but you are right that it is difficult to stay caught up with all the wood. We never do so try to get the best wood for ourselves and leave the marginal stuff for the little critters.

You are correct Sav, it just seems you can't keep up so take the better wood and keep the trails open then sit back and enjoy.

GIBIR

Status
Not open for further replies.