Hit 50 Bags (1 Ton) Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkF48

Feeling the Heat
Nov 14, 2011
Central MA
Started the new Harman XXV on about November 20th, 2011 and as of today used up my first ton of Geneva hardwood pellets out of the two that were delivered with the stove. Heating an old two story farm house that's about 1800 sq.ft., somewhat leaky, but walls are fairly well insulated and most windows have been replaced to energy saving types.
The living room where the stove is located has maintained about 68-70 deg with the stove set on "Room Temp Mode". The kitchen which is at the opposite end of the house and most other rooms have stayed about 61-63 deg with just the XXV running and a small fan mounted in an archway of the living room pushing air to an adjacent dining room and then to the kitchen. The kitchen has a Warm Morning coal stove that we just started within the last week with the cold snap we had and this appears to have reduced some of the workload of the pellet stove. Kitchen on occasion has been a toasty 80 deg burning the coal.

So far both my wife and I like the stove and not using heating oil. One of the reasons we bought the stove was the ambiance factor .... nice to have something that's similar to a fireplace. Routine cleaning the pellet stove hasn't been to bad thus far, only onetime did I have cloud of ash airborne in the living room.

My only issue with running the pellet stove is that the cellar where I have my workshop stays around a balmy 45 deg., so not much has been going on down there lately. Tried running an electric heater for a while, but it didn't do much.

Attachments

• Pellet Stove_r.jpg
    Pellet Stove_r.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 426
I hit the one ton mark a week or so ago. Got a little over a ton of GT left and a handful of misc bags that I will try out near the end of the season. If I go through everything I will have burned just over 2.5 tons. I think I may be picking up a few bags sometime just to make sure I have enough.
Glad you are liking your Harman!

1 ton!! Geese, I'm at 2.4 tons so far. Course I started earlier and run temps higher, 74-77 for me! The pic of your stove looks nice, warms me to look at it. :)

dw06 said:
1 ton!! Geese, I'm at 2.4 tons so far. Course I started earlier and run temps higher, 74-77 for me! The pic of your stove looks nice, warms me to look at it. :)

2.4 tons? Wow. We don't run our stove while we are both away at work (4 days a week) the oil has only kicked on once or twice for a half hour or so. The stove room stays at 76, the kitchen level stays around 68 and the bedroom level stays about 61. This works out perfectly for us since we spend most of our time in the room with the stove and like it cooler in the bedrooms for sleeping anyway.

I also like the picture of the stove burning. There's something about the looks of the Xxv that I like a lot.

Still on my first ton. Had the XXV for a couple of weeks and love it. Have it on the back porch which we never got to use in the winter until now. Keeps it at about 75 degrees and the rest of the downstairs at from 67 to 70 degrees. Put a thru the wall fan in the ceiling to the upstairs and it's taking the upstairs temp from about 60 to 67 degrees. Burning about 2 bags a day set at room temp.

Have gone through about 60 bags as of this AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.