Holy Mackerel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doing some checking around for pellets in the Plaistow N.H. area because the shop I have done business with for the last 3 years doesn't carry Okanagans any more. East coast lumber has them at $317.50 a ton. Dodge's Agway has Cubex at $299.00 or Genova for $249.00 a ton. Glad I still have a ton left over from last year and still have some time for a little research. I don't know how good the Genovas are? any comments? Home Depot has some unknowns that have been OUTSIDE for 3 months for $209.00 But I wont consider them. (WET)

I liked the Genovas that I had tried, they were a little dirty but not a bad pellet for a mild winter we had.

Dodges Agway is the best, hands down. cubex batch that I got last spring was the worst I ever had,they came and took them out and brought me a fresh ton. Can't say enough about them. Price may be high but with that type of service you just don't find anymore.

If the stove shop you deal with is in Hampton Falls, try the Vermonts there. Last time I checked they were less than the Cubex; but that was a month ago. Very good pellet and comparable to Okies IMHO.

If considering the Geneva at 249, try a few bags Firesides at HD for 209 first. I have my first trial bag in as of 5 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.