holy moly those pellets were HOT!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmittjames

Oct 29, 2010
central ct
So we burned one bag each so far of the New England, Stove Chow and the Greenway. Its been pretty warm so we've been shutting down during the day. Then last night we decided to try the Hamer's Hot Ones. THrew in a bag, went out for a bit, and when we came back, HOLY MOLY! It was crazy hot! on setting #2! wow, what a difference. This was the first bag that you could truly feel the heat rising upstairs. Had to turn it down to 1, and its still 71 downstairs - a little cooler up.

I guess we'll be getting a ton of these for the really cold days!

Same thing happened to me,i had been burning good hot pellets(so i thought) Then put the hamers in one night and had to open a window downstairs when thermostat hit 80..rmw.

emmittjames......I 've got a ton for ya! :lol: Actually have about 3 1/2 left right now. I bought 4 ton this year going by what most everyone here has said about them but I am not real happy with them.....or should I say the stove isn't happy with them. Most all last year I burned Green Team's from Lowes with no problems and was happy with the all around results but this summer I bought when the dealers had sales and figured I'd try Hammers......don't get me wrong they are probably one of the best pellet going but in my Furnace they produce clinkers like I have never seen.

I have only burned 1 ton of Maines choice that I bought from TSC when I bought the unit, and 3 tons of Green Team and never had clinkers like I do with the Hammers. They burn hotter but they end up blocking off the air holes in the burn pot rather quickly and it never did that with the Green Team. I know it's my fault for not trying them 1st before buying but oh well.

Rubicon 327 said:
emmittjames......I 've got a ton for ya! :lol: Actually have about 3 1/2 left right now. I bought 4 ton this year going by what most everyone here has said about them but I am not real happy with them.....or should I say the stove isn't happy with them. Most all last year I burned Green Team's from Lowes with no problems and was happy with the all around results but this summer I bought when the dealers had sales and figured I'd try Hammers......don't get me wrong they are probably one of the best pellet going but in my Furnace they produce clinkers like I have never seen.

I have only burned 1 ton of Maines choice that I bought from TSC when I bought the unit, and 3 tons of Green Team and never had clinkers like I do with the Hammers. They burn hotter but they end up blocking off the air holes in the burn pot rather quickly and it never did that with the Green Team. I know it's my fault for not trying them 1st before buying but oh well.

Rubicon 327
Sorry to hear your having issue with them. I have heard some say there getting ash build up in the burn pot. If there really doing that bad. You could post them in the local paper, Craigs list or bargain news. They should move out pretty quickly. Then you can get something that your stove likes better. But I would hurry, The pellet prices seem to be rising some at the pellet house's. I woundn't suffer or try to blend that many. Seems it would be easier to just let them go bye-bye!

Hope it all works out for you!

I had a clinker issue with the Hamer's as well. Not really a big chunk but they would build up on the trap door in the bottom of my CB1200 burn pot which prevents me from cycling the easy clean lever. I still really like the Hamer's but the LG Granules (soft wood) have been easier to deal with. I am anxious to see if my Somerset (hardwood) pellets have a tendency to stick to the bottom like the Hamer's did.

Rubicon PM a price on 1 ton of your pellets, I'm interested

j-takeman said:
Rubicon 327 said:

Rubicon 327
Sorry to hear your having issue with them. I have heard some say there getting ash build up in the burn pot. If there really doing that bad. You could post them in the local paper, Craigs list or bargain news. They should move out pretty quickly. Then you can get something that your stove likes better. But I would hurry, The pellet prices seem to be rising some at the pellet house's. I woundn't suffer or try to blend that many. Seems it would be easier to just let them go bye-bye!

Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks!

Yeah, I figure I can probably sell them off without to much problem. I'm just surprised with even having the agitator in the burn pot that I'm still getting them.......darn fingers on the agitator are not long enough to reach them and break them up.

PM's to be sent!

Is this what you would get cncpro? or are these too big?

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 369
Status
Not open for further replies.