Home Depot dropped their price to $196/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
local HD has only the Freedom Fuels.

Few days ago i told a manager that lowes had a sale going on and i left......today i see their price matches lowes price.....

Really thinking if i could get an extra ton with an extra 10% discount.....

HD in Torrington has Stove chow and Freedom Fuel. HD in southington might have something different? If the winter Warms were available? I'd join you.

Burning the Freedom fuel and I think they OK as a shoulder pellet. But?? I would have to wait until I burned the Stove Chow.

Don't forget about Lowes and the Green Teams either! I have been sneaking home a bag or 2 at atime and the wifey hasn't notice! "YET" hehe!

is just i get those 10% discount coupons in the mail for HD since i have their card (and they're very close to me, only 3 miles away). The lowes in Derby ran out of green team.

HD excepts the lowes coupon. Maybe Lowes will except the HD coupon too? IDK.

Have you tried the freedom fuels in the Napoleon yet and hows she burning for you?

got a bag of the freedom fuel this afternoon, will try later 'cause i don't want to empty the hopper; will keep you posted.
The Napoleon is working beautiful so far.

I know I could ask them, but wanted to know if Vets are getting the 10% discount on pellets at Lowes and HD when they have cut their price to the $195 discount? I also keep hearing about coupons. I haven't seen them. Not looking for a give away but would they do the coupon and vet discount???????

glastonbury and Enfield's only carry Freedom's too, glastonbury had 2 bag's of chow friday.
Would love to try the Winter's warmth, but it looks like that shipment is prob gone for the year and there getting a better deal on the Freedom's, which are pretty decent, 75 degree's in my house as we speak!!

Pellet-King said:
glastonbury and Enfield's only carry Freedom's too, glastonbury had 2 bag's of chow friday.
Would love to try the Winter's warmth, but it looks like that shipment is prob gone for the year and there getting a better deal on the Freedom's, which are pretty decent, 75 degree's in my house as we speak!!

based on jay's tests the freedom fuel average temp was around 229 degrees, seemed like low ash though.

I have a bag waiting for the hopper to be empty to test it out.

I stopped by the Lowes in Orange Ct yesterday and was surprised to see that they carried Somerset's. Never seen these in Lowes or Home Depot around me before. I Never burned these pellets, but I know they are thought of as a good brand, I should have bought a bag or two. They were $3.97 a bag

geek said:
based on jay's tests the freedom fuel average temp was around 229 degrees...

A shoulder season pellet at best....don't expect much heat in the real cold w/o cranking the feed rate way up.

ct_administrator said:
I stopped by the Lowes in Orange Ct yesterday and was surprised to see that they carried Somerset's. Never seen these in Lowes or Home Depot around me before. I Never burned these pellets, but I know they are thought of as a good brand, I should have bought a bag or two. They were $3.97 a bag

Get as many bags/tons as you can afford/store for this year & beyond.....GREAT price for a very good pellet.

Did they have a lower per ton price?

imacman said:
geek said:
based on jay's tests the freedom fuel average temp was around 229 degrees...

A shoulder season pellet at best....don't expect much heat in the real cold w/o cranking the feed rate way up.

I don't think there going to have low ash numbers with corn in the mix. I'm just saying. I see a bit more ash in the stove than the last 2 brands and I am only just starting bag 2. Will see?????

save$ said:
wanted to know if Vets are getting the 10% discount on pellets at Lowes and HD when they have cut their price to the $195 discount? ???????

Yes...... Matter of fact i got Lows to match Hd price with another 10% off plus my 10% Vet discount....

samm6 said:
save$ said:
wanted to know if Vets are getting the 10% discount on pellets at Lowes and HD when they have cut their price to the $195 discount? ???????

Yes...... Matter of fact i got Lows to match Hd price with another 10% off plus my 10% Vet discount....

WOW, you vets are doing great with all those discounts....very good!!

geek said:
samm6 said:
save$ said:

WOW, you vets are doing great with all those discounts....very good!!
Yes, very nice and appreciated. Sure beats the spit and slang we received when I came back from Viet Nam. Now retired from the military, my civilian job, and enjoying some things, like this forum!

Home depot around here is selling pellets are 179.88 a ton. They have pres to logs and eureka's.

Our home depot is selling pellets at 179.88 a ton. They have pres to logs and eureka's.

were do I find info on what pellets are better than others? I am in danbury ct & have lowes & dept next door to one aonther & agway who is selling hammer hot ones, which I currently use.
I bought depots last year & found they were not as warm as the hammer pellets & much more ash but if you are saying they have a better brand this year for less, i am in.
yes depot & lowes give military discounts also they honor law enforcement under the same discount.

HD in Rochester, NH also has freedom fuel for 209/ton, they have fireside ultra out front on display, but don't seem to be selling them.
it is the display with the price painted on the two high stack of pellet pallets.

whats the DL on the stove chow & the fireside ultras?
lowes near me have the stove chow 7 depot has the ultras. I need to make a purchase asap. I b ought 4 bags of each to see if I felt any difference but I realy need to stock up.

I went out armed w/ the pellet chart & found none on the list, very disappointed. I thought finally I will know what I am looking @ but nope, not yet, maybe next time.

by the way, I love the chart, it was very informative now i have to change my shopping locations since the stores I go to sell such items that are so crapy, you do not even list them in the chart.

Sounds to me like you had good luck with Hamer and others here generally give them a "thumbs up". Are they significantly more expensive than these others?

People: where in CT is this "BT Enterprises" place some of you seem to frequent? They seem to have a big selection.

Gweeper64 said:
Sounds to me like you had good luck with Hamer and others here generally give them a "thumbs up". Are they significantly more expensive than these others?

People: where in CT is this "BT Enterprises" place some of you seem to frequent? They seem to have a big selection.

We can't tell you it's our secret! ;-P hehe just kidding!

Here's a link for ya.

http://btpellet.com/price_list

STANG32 said:
whats the DL on the stove chow & the fireside ultras?
lowes near me have the stove chow 7 depot has the ultras. I need to make a purchase asap. I b ought 4 bags of each to see if I felt any difference but I realy need to stock up.

I went out armed w/ the pellet chart & found none on the list, very disappointed. I thought finally I will know what I am looking @ but nope, not yet, maybe next time.

by the way, I love the chart, it was very informative now i have to change my shopping locations since the stores I go to sell such items that are so crapy, you do not even list them in the chart.

STANG32,

Don't assume that because a pellet isn't on those charts it is crappy. Those were just the ones that got checked out last season. There is a limit on how many kinds a single person or even a small group can check out.

The other thing that people seem to forget is that what was a bad pellet last year may have been substantially improved. If a place wants to make any money they can't afford to keep pushing crap it will put them out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.