Home Depot has pellets in my area....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

and the first brand they have outside is Stove Chow. $5.38/bag.

No early buy advertised, so I'm guessing the ton price is $269/ton.

Only discount they will give right now is for military personnel....10% off. = $243/ton

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Pete, Did you grab some Stove Chow???

No......should I?? What do the most recent "reviews" on them say?

Reviews were mixed. I never was able to find them to try. Mostly just curious to whats on the bag and If you had plans on trying them??

j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Reviews were mixed. I never was able to find them to try. Mostly just curious to whats on the bag and If you had plans on trying them??

Yeah, I guess I might buy a few bags to try. Want me to get you a couple? Have any other pellets that I haven't tried and we can do another swap?? :)

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Yeah, I guess I might buy a few bags to try. Want me to get you a couple? Have any other pellets that I haven't tried and we can do another swap?? :)

I am sure we can work something out! ;-)

Who makes Stow Chow now?, was made in Adam's Mass 10 yr's ago, boy I remember going into HD "circa 2001" seeing a sign as you walked in, $134 a ton, pellets free delivery if you buy 3 tons, ONLY time I ever had pellet's delivered in 12 yr's!!

Bill Bennion said:
I'm glad I got my 5 tons at $209/ton at HD!!

Bill, Which HD and what brand of pellets please?

Pellet-King said:
Who makes Stow Chow now?, was made in Adam's Mass 10 yr's ago, boy I remember going into HD "circa 2001" seeing a sign as you walked in, $134 a ton, pellets free delivery if you buy 3 tons, ONLY time I ever had pellet's delivered in 12 yr's!!

Sorry I missed this.

imacman did a search and found that Energex owns the stove chow name.

http://www.findownersearch.com/stove-chow-3324459-brand.html

There are a few threads on stove chow about. Use the advanced search upper left. Under search forums. Enter stove chow and highlite pellet mill. hit search button.

I found a few for you.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24539/

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/51043/

And some info here

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/57293/P22/#649934

As far as I know there an Energex product. But the way this industry has been changing, Who knows now! We will try to burn some and post the results.

Bill Bennion said:
Dougsey said:
Bill Bennion said:
I'm glad I got my 5 tons at $209/ton at HD!!

Bill, Which HD and what brand of pellets please?
Rochester, Winter Warmth and Fireside Ultra

Good score Bill. I was at HD in Rochester last night. Winter Warmths are almost gone, how have Fireside and the price is up to 269/ton.

But they are doing the 50-200 discount thing again depending on how many tons you buy.

HD in Enfield Ct has Winter Warmth for $269 and $50 off 2 tons, $100 of 3 tons and so forth...what a deal!!

Not to rain on everyones parade in reference to the Winter Warmth pellets from HD, but I mentioned in another thread that I had sent an email to one of the owners of Hamer's (who made the WW for HD last year) asking them to confirm that they are still the company making the WW pellets......well, it's almost 2 weeks later and I have NEVER heard back from them.

I hope the bad feeling I have right now about this is wrong.......

I wouldn't buy them until i knew they were Hamer's, could be Inferno's! :bug: , Primo pellets in wallingford has Hamer's for $224 till end of august, were i'm headed on my last day of vaca, bring the kids maybe stop off at Sonic!

Status
Not open for further replies.