Home Depot in Salem NH - All wood and wood pellet stoves and accessories are gone! 23 Deg F out this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I went to buy a door gasket for the quad and nothing. Gone till next year!!

Do they know winter ends March 21st ??

It is Feb 3, 2012 and we still have all of Feb, March and 1st part of April for cold weather!

Don2222 said:
Hello

I went to buy a door gasket for the quad and nothing. Gone till next year!!

Do they know winter ends March 21st ??

It is Feb 3, 2012 and we still have all of Feb, March and 1st part of April for cold weather!

I bought pellets at that very same Home Depot last weekend, my GF used to work there! :)

I asked at the Home Depot in Wareham, Ma around Christmas time where all the pellets and stove items were.

The girl that was there said they were pulling all the stove stuff out of the stores and making it an on-line only line of products.

Didn't make sense to me (but not much about Home Depot does)

I just chalked it up to the usual clueless useful idiot that seems to populate Home Depots.

Perhaps she was right.
Until they can't figure out why they no longer have significant sales of wood burning stoves showing up in their monthly sales meetings.
Go figure,

---Nailer---

I tried to buy a fan at HD last week to help move hot air from my stove room (or cold air to it) -- no fans until summer! Weird.

Don, that is a very large gasket. Probably only found at Stove Shops or Online.

Ordered mine online, came with enough to do the door twice.

My 2 pennies....

They do this every year, just when you need more pellets for the end of season. Annoying when you don't have a lot of storage space.

stellep said:
They do this every year, just when you need more pellets for the end of season. Annoying when you don't have a lot of storage space.

Yep, And if they have pellets left? Expect the prices to skyrocket. I bet we see $298/ton by early April. Thye do that every year too!

j-takeman said:
stellep said:

Yep, And if they have pellets left? Expect the prices to skyrocket. I bet we see $298/ton by early April. Thye do that every year too!

Guess nobody told my local Home Depot, they were increasing pellet prices every 3 weeks since December by .25c - about two weeks ago they lowered all their pellets to $3.90/bag and holding steady - it's like they're trying to get rid of them or something? I don't know how many more I can sneak into the basement before my wife starts noticing, but at this price I can't resist!

Welcome to Big Box marketing 101. Lawn mowers should be on sale any time now as well as other "Spring stuff". In their minds winter is over. Pellets will be out for the "Winter season" that starts in August.

VTrider said:
j-takeman said:
stellep said:

Guess nobody told my local Home Depot, they were increasing pellet prices every 3 weeks since December by .25c - about two weeks ago they lowered all their pellets to $3.90/bag and holding steady - it's like they're trying to get rid of them or something? I don't know how many more I can sneak into the basement before my wife starts noticing, but at this price I can't resist!

Thats what we all hope. You might want to load up! Do they have a large amount inhouse? Could also be a off year due to the warmth. But this definetly isn't the norm!

I bet as the pile gets low or a rush comes to raid them. You will see the last bits sold at above normal prices. They need to make a buck on some of them or at least try! Once the season nears its end(for them not us cus we heat till may) they tend to think they become gold for the last bits left on hand! I'd also bet its once the manager knows its his last shipment for the season!

j-takeman said:
VTrider said:
j-takeman said:
stellep said:

Thats what we all hope. You might want to load up! Do they have a large amount inhouse? Could also be a off year due to the warmth. But this definetly isn't the norm!

I bet as the pile gets low or a rush comes to raid them. You will see the last bits sold at above normal prices. They need to make a buck on some of them or at least try! Once the season nears its end(for them not us cus we heat till may) they tend to think they become gold for the last bits left on hand! I'd also bet its once the manager knows its his last shipment for the season!

I saw around 20+ tons being stored out in the yard under scaffolding - wonder if they are just trying to move them to make room for spring gardening stuff, etc?

I generally buy at the end of the winter heating season with a full compliment of pellets going into the next year. Seem it's usually cheaper to get pellets at the end of the heating season. Plus I buy pellets all winter long when their on sale anywhere. I got the room, so why not hedge your bets and get'em while their cheap. You can only hold so much oil and propane at a time and you always run low when prices are at their highest. Funny how that works!

In a similar vein, I took my daughter to Target and there were 3 rows of swimsuits - and I live in Maine - there's at least 3 months before anyone's swimming...

movemaine said:
In a similar vein, I took my daughter to Target and there were 3 rows of swimsuits - and I live in Maine - there's at least 3 months before anyone's swimming...

Those are there for the folks going down south for spring break.

Status
Not open for further replies.