Home Depot / Lowes Inventory Status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glosta

Nov 1, 2009
North of Boston
Filled the pipeline with one last ton of Stow Chow for next year. Inventory at the home centers is really starting to run low. Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread updating folks on wood pellet inventory at local Home Depot / Lowes stores. I'll start with my local stores:

Home Depot, Reading, MA - Zero Inventory on Wood Pellets
Lowes, Wobourn, MA - 14 Tons of Infernos ($3.74 per bag / $187 per ton)
Home Depot, Rt1 Saugus, MA - 4 Tons of Stove Chow($3.74 per bag / $187 per ton)
Home Depot, Danvers, MA - 3 Tons of Stove Chow ($3.74 per bag / $187 per ton)

Lowes Hooksett, NH had about 12-14 ton of Fireside Ultra

Home Depot-Leominster MA ZERO pellets left, manager said "not likely to get any more"
Lowes- Leominster MA About 2 full trailer loads of Greenteam, 1 full trailer load of Maine Choice, and 1 full trailer load of Infernos. Manager said another trailer load of "something" expected Tuesday.

I understand that they are trying to make space for spring and summer items, but I mean really, lets get serious here, its the middle of winter. The coldest two months are usually Jan and Feb and even into mid march. Demand is still pretty high.

Just went to Spotsylvania Va HD they had 3 pallets of Stove Chow, all of them were on will call but pass there date so they sold me one for $187. (Side note no tax at HD and I asked them why I pay tax at Lowes. She said that Lowes is the only place that charges taxes on them, but does know why.)
Anyway Stafford Va HD has plenty of Stove Chow about 30 pallets and Fredericksburg va had 12 pallets.

Bumped this up looking for updates. Lowes in Westboro, MA. had 60 tons 4-13-11, Greene Team, Maines choice, Nations choice.
HD in Shrewsbury less than a ton of Firesides. Have not found any MWP locally yet. All $209/ton.

Home Depot's in Spokane are sold out.

lowes in bridgewater mass, had 2 tons of maines choice, green team and nations choice all on display and im sure they had some more tons out back...bought 30 bags of green team for 4.18 a bag

Lowes in Plainevill, ct has 20 ton of North American Pellets and 10 ton Greenway pellets @$4.18 a bag/209 per ton. I grabbed 10 bags of each to try them out.

Lowes in Danvers, MA HAD 40 tons of Green Team last Wed. and were sold out by Sunday, I grabbed a ton. They tell me that 2,000bags (40 ton) are due in tomorrow or Thurs. I hope they are Green Team again. One more ton and I 'm set for next year!

countk said:
Lowes in Danvers, MA HAD 40 tons of Green Team last Wed. and were sold out by Sunday, I grabbed a ton. They tell me that 2,000bags (40 ton) are due in tomorrow or Thurs. I hope they are Green Team again. One more ton and I 'm set for next year!

What was the price, $209? Thanks.

Lowes and Home Depot in Gaylord Michigan are out and not getting anymore...

Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:

It was!

Just checked in with HD and are out of pellets and according to the person I spoke with the manager has told him they will not be getting anymore in.

Lowes still has Potomacs at $5.97/bag.

countk said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:

It was!

Do you know if they got the GT?

just got 18 bags of Greenteam at Lowes on Berlin Tnpk in CT for $4.18 each. have to go to the seasonal dept -- they don't have them in the contractor entrance anymore. don't know why not -- WAY more convenient with babies in the car!

here's hoping we're coming to the end of the heating season. love my first winter with a stove, but running low on cash!

Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:

It was!

Unfortunately, it was Maine's Choice. I tried them and they were okay, but I think the Green Team is much better.

Lowes hooksett has 18 ton of north american (Curran)
hd has plenty of fireside.

Found Greenway & Green Team pellets in Hudson, MA.

My local tsc is 229 for instant HD and lowes selling stove chow for 229 and 244 ... at these prices its worth an extra 10-40 bucks for cubex/okies/hamers especially knowing pellet prices will be higher next year ... get em soon folks

countk said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
countk said:

It was!

Unfortunately, it was Maine's Choice. I tried them and they were okay, but I think the Green Team is much better.

Thanks....I think I'm going with the FU at HD.

iceman said:
My local tsc is 229 for instant HD and lowes selling stove chow for 229 and 244 ... at these prices its worth an extra 10-40 bucks for cubex/okies/hamers especially knowing pellet prices will be higher next year ... get em soon folks

Kind of the same deal for me. TSC has stayed right at $225 is and HD/Lowes have raised there prices to where I can get decent pellets for less at the local pellet house's. For a few bucks more I can get the better(hotter) brands. I only need 1 more ton to finish the stash for next season. I am gonna wait until the spring buy deals come out. Odds are good to get them for a few dollars less. Let the hunt begin! :)

j-takeman said:
iceman said:

Kind of the same deal for me. TSC has stayed right at $225 is and HD/Lowes have raised there prices to where I can get decent pellets for less at the local pellet house's. For a few bucks more I can get the better(hotter) brands. I only need 1 more ton to finish the stash for next season. I am gonna wait until the spring buy deals come out. Odds are good to get them for a few dollars less. Let the hunt begin! :)

I hope you are right! I am buying now and then!

Status
Not open for further replies.