Home Star #2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Allince for green heat- just sent me the latest newsletter. www.forgreenheat.org , looks like the measure is moving through. Also looks like qualifying appliances( boilers, pellet stoves, and wood stoves) + accessories and installation will all qualify. Rebate was bumped to $1500, or 50% of costs involved. No "double-dipping" on the current rebate. As I read it, The gov. is going to help you buy your new stove, if replacing an older one. Brother Bart, have you caught any updates on this?

Same update that I just got. I'm waiting to see the final verbage before I start getting excited. If its 50% up to $1500 like stated without double dipping it really is just going to offer the consumer the same kind of program with more stringent standards. Of course, 50% is better than 30% so folks will more than likely go that route. The other difference is the rebate will be givin at the time of sale and then the retailer reimbursed. Unfortunatley, my boss doesnt think its worth spending the $2000 or so to become qualified to offer this promo, so we will be missing out on any business it creates locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.