Hope you were not counting on woodpellets.com for winter heat!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mascoma

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2008
Upper Valley NH
went to check pricing on their web cite and got this message for the first time. Good thing I was not counting on them to deliver my pellets for 2nd half of winter!

"We are transitioning to Seasonal Delivery in your area, and will again be delivering to your town starting in the spring. Please leave us your information so that we can notify you when our Spring Special pricing is available!

We want to make sure your pellet fuel needs are met. Call us at 1-800-PELLETS (735-5387) or send an email to [email protected] and we’ll do what we can to make your delivery sooner, or we’ll assist you in locating a pellet provider in your area.

Thank you and we appreciate your business!
The WoodPellets.com Team"

If you really need pellets, I'd give them a call. I've dealt with them two years in a row and they were pretty good, unless of course you have a nearby supply.

Im sure theres plenty of places in NH to get pellets. No real big news here. Woodpellets.com probably just made a decision based on $, efficiency, demand, etc.

I just got 3 tons from them two weeks ago, and I'm in Southern NH

At woodpellets.com, I usually get 'no pellets for you' ;) after entering my zip. Their supply varies by region.
Today I get "Truckloads only available to" my zip. That means 20 tons or more. if I sell the excess it might put my local Ace out of the pellet business.

Local Ace Hardware sells Heat'rs pellets from Arizona for $300/ton here delivered or $7.49/bag plus 8.75% sales tax.

I understand it is a business decision, we are all having to make some of those lately.
Yes there are several local places to buy pellets.
No, I do not think I will ever give them my business knowing that they may not think my business is worth their time in the dead of winter.

BOOM --- I am located 68 miles from their headquarters.

Pickup your own , delivery...that's for LAZY BUM's!, cost of delivery plus pellet's = burn oil/gas/propane!!

Pellet-King said:
Pickup your own , delivery...that's for LAZY BUM's!, cost of delivery plus pellet's = burn oil/gas/propane!!
I wasn't going to say it. %-P

I thought the same thing on delivery until my stove shop asked if I wanted them delivered and stacked in the garage up to 3 tons for 20.00 delivery fee 20 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.