hopper pellet pig summer heat 55-shp10l

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a brand new stove or a used stove.

Your stove is going to burn pellets at a rate dictated by the feed rate on the stove and on an England unit that can be other than you might think it is.

There are low burn settings, the heat mode settings, the revision of the controller program that is running.

On your stove those settings can change exactly what heat range #1 is going to feed for fuel.

Tell us what year the stove is and the settings for the lower three leds on the stove.

Is this a brand new stove or a used stove.

Your stove is going to burn pellets at a rate dictated by the feed rate on the stove and on an England unit that can be other than you might think it is.

There are low burn settings, the heat mode settings, the revision of the controller program that is running.

On your stove those settings can change exactly what heat range #1 is going to feed for fuel.

Tell us what year the stove is and the settings for the lower three leds on the stove.
It is brand new 2 weeks old. i have heat setting 1-9 and blower 1-9. then below that has low feed, low air and one other i forgot.
i have been running on 1-1 and 1-3 as i notice having the blower on 3 works better. it has the pellet vent done as suggested going out the wall, to the t then up and the exhaust cap. also outside air pipe is attached although i could not got straight out, it does come out bend to the right then left to go outside. the tech said i could push low feed and a number would come up and i could lower that to lower my feed rate. i did and no muber comes up, just the red light comes on. Thanks for any help to this pellet newbie.

Here is the procedure to change your settings:

The LFF,LBA or (AOT, not recommended) can be changed by pressing each only once. A number will show. Press both heat range and blower speed up or down arrows at the same time this will allow you to adjust the range. Repeat for each setting you want to change.

I strongly recommend that you talk to England Stove Works again if no number showed up since that would indicate something that is not normal.

Here is the procedure to change your settings:

The LFF,LBA or (AOT, not recommended) can be changed by pressing each only once. A number will show. Press both heat range and blower speed up or down arrows at the same time this will allow you to adjust the range. Repeat for each setting you want to change.

I strongly recommend that you talk to England Stove Works again if no number showed up since that would indicate something that is not normal.
Thanks. i will try this tonight see what i see. I notice a lot of extra smoke and the glass getting cloudier, even some black on there, I am doing a different pellet. am i lacking fresh air or is it an adjustment or is it the pellets.

My 25-PVDC used to go through at least a bag a day or maybe a little more and put out way more heat than I needed in the shoulder seasons. I did what Smokey just recommended to you and changed my LFF and LBA settings which helped, then I changed the heat mode from C to D and that really made a difference. I'm going pretty well over 24 hours on a bag now. Not sure how long yet cause I forget from last season and I haven't left the stove on that long at one time so far this year. If you do this the fire will go up and down some as the stove goes through its pellet feeding cycles. Mine looks like its about to go out sometimes but it doesn't. It is burning well with a nice flame. When the weather gets colder you can turn it back up some if you need to. I think mine is running 4-3-1 in mode D. Calling ESW tech support would be the best thing you could do. Here is a link to a thread that helped me a lot with my stove:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/my-new-pdvc-is-now-running-superbly.45157/

As far as the hopper extension goes, you better check with ESW, I'm pretty sure I read a thread where Mike Holton from ESW said that a hopper extension would void your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.