hot and sticky im done with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
i just got done cutting my grass and I'm really looking forward to falling leaves and seeing my stove on when I'm outside blowing the leaves off the grass sorry folks I'm a winter guy.

stove is ready snowmobiles are ready now i just need nice cool days and chilly nights.

Winter guy here too, although my snowmobiles are not ready yet.
I got to finish putting the insulation and OSB up in my shop, then its sled wrenching time.

F&F

"Winter" is just one of those things that I accept as part of life here in New England. I don't hate the season, but I don't love it, either. It has its downsides, for sure.

Burning wood to heat my home in the winter is just a fact of life now, that is part of what "winter" is all about.

-Soupy1957

j-takeman said:
I am digging in my heels and hanging on to the last bit of summer. Also hoping for a long drawn out fall!

x2..., the long drawn out fall sounds sweet: 70 deg days and great sleeping weather without burning any fuel :)

Casie said:
Agreed

I am only looking forward to one thing...

5 below and blowin' snow...

:)

:bug: Quick, someone get them some help !!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Stove season, a great time of year.

Used to do the sled wrenching thing, many years ago.

Was a fun time for sure.

Here in the Northwest its a Haul the sleds to the mountain thing though.

5 below is a bit brisk for my likeing.

Our normal winter is mid 40's and RAIN going sideways for 4 months.

The hot weather sucks for sure.
We have been having some lovely weather the last couple weeks.

A bit of heat this past week, but cool nights.

October is just around the corner, and with it comes STOVE SEASON.

Snowy

I'm a total beach person, but since it is now too cool and rainy for beach days I too am looking forward to the cooler days of Fall. However I need my stove installed before it gets too cold. Can't wait to have a fire to sit in front of!!

I caught a nice bass today with a spinner bait. Way too much fun. Can't do that in the cold. Got to sit on a bucket, stare into a hole in the ice hoping one swims past and sees you half dead(frozen) bait!

j-takeman said:
I caught a nice bass today with a spinner bait. Way too much fun. Can't do that in the cold. Got to sit on a bucket, stare into a hole in the ice hoping one swims past and sees you half dead(frozen) bait!

You mean ice drinking?.... I mean fishing.

j-takeman said:

I'm the guy going by you doing 80 on my sled!

No I love to ice fish but salt is in my blood it's the fall run Bass right now so early mornings and first light! go get them.

mepellet said:
j-takeman said:

You mean ice drinking?.... I mean fishing.

:sick: hic

Status
Not open for further replies.