Hottie!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Red_Fir_Smoke

Nov 7, 2021
N. Idaho
So my evil Big E had the combustion fan lock up, the fire kept burning (It has a 15' stack) but poorly, so the pot was filling and the fire sooty.....but it burnt that way for several hours.
On investigation, the combustion motor wasn't turning, so I pulled the frame off the motor and oiled the bearings with a squirt of Tri Flo they were notchy to start, but soon smoothed out. (It seems the bearings were turning in the rubber vibration mounts, once the bearings were worked a little they smoothed right out).
I see in the latest iterations and clones of the Big E a series of vents has been cut in front of the combustion motor, I have a friend that can punch louvers, would it extend the service life of the combustion blower to do so?