How close would you go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadfoot

Dec 30, 2009
S.E. Oklahoma
never mind, found the answer in the post below

The book says I need to be at least 18" from combustible material. I'll have hardibaker and tile on both sides so I was thinking of 10 or 12". Any thoughts?

I guess I need a little more information before I would venture any guesses. My personal tendency is to do it like the book says do it as it is probably based on code written by people who actually set things on fire to see what is safe and what is not safe. What are you trying to do?

Sorry, I was talking about the distance of the back corners of the stove to the wall (stove is going in the corner) the stove is a Englander 30 nc. Everything in the corner will have tile and hardibacker.

Edit: The old hole in my roof for my stove is a little too far back and I dont want to cover and cut another and would like to get by without putting in some 45's

Aha, you have come to the right place. We have some real Englander 30 fans around here someplace, and several of them have posted pictures of the kind of install you are attempting. I am sure one of them will chime in shortly.

if you have the manual that came with the stove it will give you the distances from combustable and non-combustable surfaces. I believe it will also tell you distances with heat sheilds as well. If you don't have the manual with the correct install application go the website, the manual will most likely be available there.

Status
Not open for further replies.