How come my wife won't let me do the laundry?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda used some fabric softener.

Stick to heatin the house and let the wife do the laundry if you can't do any better than that. LOL I don't have to help my wife already has some help.

Attachments

• download Jan 14 2012 130.jpg
    download Jan 14 2012 130.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 421
  • download Jan 14 2012 129.jpg
    download Jan 14 2012 129.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 408
What a pretty tortie!

Thanks snow, She will be 2 in April. We got her as a kitten to replace an outside "mouser" that died. She was too small to put outside when we first got her so the plan was to keep her in for a short time. It didn't take me long to realize that the wife was going to have a hard time putting her out so she became in inside cat.

That was awesome. I can't believe it kept running. I'm thinking some safety devices were overridden.

Flatbedford said:
That was awesome. I can't believe it kept running. I'm thinking some safety devices were overridden.

Nah, thats just the run till it dies option.

Looks like what happens when I finally wash the work socks.

Locust Post said:
Thanks snow, She will be 2 in April. We got her as a kitten to replace an outside "mouser" that died. She was too small to put outside when we first got her so the plan was to keep her in for a short time.
Hmm, that was well-thought-out, wasn't it? :lol:

We had a half-grown cat scope our place out last summer. She was so skinny that if you turned her sideways she'd disappear, and she watched us from a careful distance for quite awhile before finally announcing that she had deigned to offer us her services. She let her self be picked up and petted at long last, was offered food and accepted our hospitality, and then selected a loveseat in the sun, and sprawled on it with all four legs thrown out to the sides and her head thrown back with her mouth open, and she racked for a couple of hours solid, and has been family since that day.

Our dog, who was a confirmed cat-hater, tried to let us know that it was not too late to avert disaster if we acted quickly. She ignored that behavior for the most part, until she had no choice but to stand her ground and do a couple of smack-downs--nothing extreme, just that stern middle-school-teacher `that's enough of that' response. Now they're buds and she rules the roost with a velvet paw and tortitude.

Locust Post said:
Stick to heatin the house and let the wife do the laundry if you can't do any better than that. LOL I don't have to help my wife already has some help.

I love it . . . we have a kitten of our own who likes to get into small, dark spaces such as empty or nearly empty 12-pack Coke cartons . . . and the other day my wife said he climbed into the dryer . . .

I caught these pics the other day when he was playing in the carton . . . at one point he looked like a little kid pretending the carton was a car as his head was poked out and one paw was hanging out the side as if it was a window.

Attachments

• Jacksonincoke2.jpg
    Jacksonincoke2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Jacksonincoke1.jpg
    Jacksonincoke1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Jacksonincoke3.jpg
    Jacksonincoke3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 282
Omigosh, is that your little Coon cat? Sure has grown . . .

Let's face it folks, the main purpose of the Inglenook is posting kid, baby, and pet pictures. The rest is just the rationale, like making a sandwich for an excuse to eat mayonnaise. Do some soul searching here, and ask yourself if you're really upholding your responsibilities in that area . . .

firefighterjake said:
Locust Post said:

I love it . . . we have a kitten of our own who likes to get into small, dark spaces such as empty or nearly empty 12-pack Coke cartons . . . and the other day my wife said he climbed into the dryer . . .

I caught these pics the other day when he was playing in the carton . . . at one point he looked like a little kid pretending the carton was a car as his head was poked out and one paw was hanging out the side as if it was a window.

What a cutie, Jake! Don't tell him, though. One never can tell what the young ones will get into- helps to pretend you have scorpions about. Any more like him at home?

That's a darling cat Jake. You are right they like to get inside things. Here's our little girl when we were packing for our Michigan vacation last September. She just wanted to see the sights too.

Attachments

• download Jan 14 2012 004.jpg
    download Jan 14 2012 004.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 225
because everything will come out pink...........

be careful with the cats in the dryer
my daughters used to sleep in one
notice I said use to
was not pretty

Ironpony,

They make sheets you can throw into the machine to suck up all the fugitive dyes..So get to work and give the lady of the house a break...lol..I'm kidding..

Thanks to those who posted their 4 legged babies..beautiful each and every one..I have a little tortie myself who has no tail but a nub...she was hurt when we found her and had to amputate...

since I'm not computer savvy, still haven't gotten into posting images..sorry..but I do enjoy all of yours! Sweet...

I don't know what kind of motor was in that thing, but you can bet it wasn't made for the American market. He should have taken out the motor and beaten the rest of it to death with a maul. That motor deserves a better death. Take that, Chinese garbage!!

snowleopard said:

Let's face it folks, the main purpose of the Inglenook is posting kid, baby, and pet pictures. The rest is just the rationale, like making a sandwich for an excuse to eat mayonnaise. Do some soul searching here, and ask yourself if you're really upholding your responsibilities in that area . . .

Nope . . . this is Harry S Truman's brother -- Andrew Jackson . . . we picked him up after we realized that the older cats were not playing with Truman and he was kind of lonely. Jackson is a month younger than Truman . . . just a plain Jane cat (vs. Truman who is half Manx and half Maine coon) that a co-worker was giving away.

firefighterjake said:
snowleopard said:

Nope . . . this is Harry S Truman's brother -- Andrew Jackson . . . we picked him up after we realized that the older cats were not playing with Truman and he was kind of lonely. Jackson is a month younger than Truman . . . just a plain Jane cat (vs. Truman who is half Manx and half Maine coon) that a co-worker was giving away.

Had a Maine Coon once. He would drool when he was happy, like when you were petting him. Messy. He also had the habit of wanting to sit on your chest while you slept. We had a bedroom door that didn't latch properly, and he would bust it open with his substantial body mass, hop up in the bed and put his face close to yours, all the while purring and drooling. Then he would belch. Nice. Did it just about every night.

firebroad said:
firefighterjake said:
snowleopard said:

Had a Maine Coon once. He would drool when he was happy, like when you were petting him. Messy. He also had the habit of wanting to sit on your chest while you slept. We had a bedroom door that didn't latch properly, and he would bust it open with his substantial body mass, hop up in the bed and put his face close to yours, all the while purring and drooling. Then he would belch. Nice. Did it just about every night.

That's pretty much how I sleep . . . drooling and snoring (not purring).

It is funny you mention about him sleeping on your chest . . . this cat tends to want to sleep on my chest . . . sometimes right on my neck . . . which is always fun to wake up in middle of the night when your mouth is full of fur and you realize you are struggling to breathe.

He's a funny cat . . . he seems to have characteristics of both breeds -- for example he sits like a panda and like his Manx sister does when grooming (helps to not have a tail that gets in the way.)

piejam said:
Ironpony,

They make sheets you can throw into the machine to suck up all the fugitive dyes..So get to work and give the lady of the house a break...lol..I'm kidding..

Thanks to those who posted their 4 legged babies..beautiful each and every one..I have a little tortie myself who has no tail but a nub...she was hurt when we found her and had to amputate...

since I'm not computer savvy, still haven't gotten into posting images..sorry..but I do enjoy all of yours! Sweet...

how far east on the island??
I was born (Lindenhurst) and raised (Holtsville) there
worked for Grumman 10.5 years
moved to Ohio in 2000

Ironpony-I live where the twin forks split!! 10 miles west of Riverhead.. 15 miles south of Dixie Cup...

Firebroad: So you have a drooly puss!! lol....so I do..call her Farrah Faucet!! she's 15 now...my tortie Caleigh is sweet with humans but a groan with the other cats. She is 16 now..That tortie is a rip..flies thru the house like she is 16mos...Told Dh I probably will mourn her more than him!

piejam said:
Ironpony-I live where the twin forks split!! 10 miles west of Riverhead.. 15 miles south of Dixie Cup...

Firebroad: So you have a drooly puss!! lol....so I do..call her Farrah Faucet!! she's 15 now...my tortie Caleigh is sweet with humans but a groan with the other cats. She is 16 now..That tortie is a rip..flies thru the house like she is 16mos...Told Dh I probably will mourn her more than him!

Farrah Faucet...ha ha ha!! The Coon Cat is no longer with me, but I have a tortoiseshell and black that keeps me company. Got her from someone I suspect didn't take care of her, got her earmites cleared up and shots etc. Took about a year, but she likes me now, and after another year she doesn't hide if someone comes over. I had to take a picture of her to prove I actually had a cat...
Someone suggested we have a pet forum, hey why not. The little critters are kind of amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.