How do I Become a Pellet Pig?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey all,

silly question, how does one become a Pellet Pig? i have close to 5tons of different pellets. I wanna OINK!!! %-P :p

You have to send most of your pellets to imacman! :cheese: (jk)

Sounds like you qualify already! Were's Pete when you need him???

KatWill said:
Hey all,

silly question, how does one become a Pellet Pig? i have close to 5tons of different pellets. I wanna OINK!!! %-P :p

Was this obvious hog activity completed prior to the first frost?

Have you remitted your dues to the club treasurer?

Did you abuse your vehicle in getting the pellets to your house or did you have a huge order delivered all at once?

Was your back and arms sore for a at least a week afterwards?

Well something like that, if so ask j-takeman or imacman to award you your Oinks and hog rating.

SmokeyTheBear said:
KatWill said:
Hey all,

Did you abuse your vehicle in getting the pellets to your house or did you have a huge order delivered all at once?

Well something like that, if so ask j-takeman or imacman to award you your Oinks and hog rating.

I had 4 Tons in early September
No dues yet, but I read that I have to give most of my pellets to Imacman.. LOL
I purchased 1 ton of pellets from the TSC and drove it home in my 1997 Toyota Corolla (muffler scraping) for 9 miles
My arms were not but my wife had to rub my back for days.
:lol:

KatWill said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
KatWill said:
Hey all,

I had 4 Tons in early September
No dues yet, but I read that I have to give most of my pellets to Imacman.. LOL
I purchased 1 ton of pellets from the TSC and drove it home in my 1997 Toyota Corolla (muffler scraping) for 9 miles
My arms were not but my wife had to rub my back for days.
:lol:

I'd make the award but you see imacman AKA Pete is the treasurer, we have to verify the dues. Then Jay or Eric can award the Oinks.

dues????
I aint paying no stinkin dues!!!!
over through the administration
pellet pigs revolt

Katwill, as a fellow Hudson Valley pellet pig, I have reviewed your "application" for pig status, and 4 tons will do it, no problem. The 1 ton done in a '97 Corolla put you over the top, IMO. :lol:

Just after you put the $50 dues check in the mail ( to ME.....you know for "administrative costs" (burp) ), place the following in your signature line:

"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club"

I will advise Pellet Pig VP Eric at Kinsman stoves to add 1 additional cold beverage to the store frig.

Hmmmmm.

I sure the heck am not going East right now.

Eric

I stopped by the Post Office today and picked up a movers packet and later went to Home Depot and got 2 tons of Stove Chow among other things I needed for a bathroom remodel using the 10% off coupon. I usually put 3 tons of pellets on the trailer at a time but I am running out of room at home with all the other projects going on right now, unless I want to stack them to the floor joists. I got home and in 45 minutes there in the basement using my wavy slide stacked alongside the Hammers and Spruce Points I already had. I have 15 bags of various other brands I am trying to get a feel for in the back of the Excursion that hibernates all winter in the garage. Total amount of pellets at the house right now is 4.75+ tons.
SO DOES THIS QUALIFY FOR PELLET PIG STATUS??
The oil tank is full and have way more pellets than I will use this season and will not need to get oil or pellets until next winter.

The battery box mounted on the wall over the oil tank is my 12 volt backup battery for the MT Vernon AE.
I have been burning the Stove Chow on and off for a while now and the MT Vernon AE likes it using the settings recommended on this forum, I have used more expensive pellets that burned a lot worse than the Stove Chow does.

Attachments

• Quadrafire 194 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 194 (Large).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 469
  • Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Quadrafire 203 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 203 (Large).jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 470
  • Quadrafire 205 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 205 (Large).jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Front Porch 2010 199 (Large).jpg
    Front Porch 2010 199 (Large).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 467
  • Quadrafire 209 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 209 (Large).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 464
  • Pictures 08 019 (Large).jpg
    Pictures 08 019 (Large).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 547
I ALWAYS have my six tons in the basement by late June. I try to get it done as early as possible when they're cheapest and temperatures are still comfy.

HIGHWIRE said:
I ALWAYS have my six tons in the basement by late June. I try to get it done as early as possible when they're cheapest and temperatures are still comfy.

Me too....try to get the pellets all stacked away during April-May when temps, humidity, and price is "comfortable".

FordMastertech and HIGHWIRE Add this to your sig's

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club". OINK OINK!!
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4 - Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club
Welcome aboard and don't forget to PM imacman for dues collection info. :) ;-)

KatWill welcome aboard, I think you forgot to add the qoute to you sig

hey.......where's my status then? I had over 4 tons since JUNE......lol

geek said:
hey.......where's my status then? I had over 4 tons since JUNE......lol

Oh boy more brew-skies! :)

Welcome geek! PM imacman for dues info! ;-) Add the Qoute above to you sig!

[/quote]Welcome aboard and don't forget to PM imacman for dues collection info. :) ;-) [/quote]

I rather owe it to him than cheat him out of the dues.LOL

FordMastertech said:

I rather owe it to him than cheat him out of the dues.LOL

HEY!!! :mad: Watch it mister....dem der dues is due to me ASAP, or I'll call Eric and he'll send Pellet to chew your leg. ;-)

Don't overlook the prior posts regarding becoming a "pellet snob", please just search the forum for "pellet snob" for a few good laughs.

imacman said:

I rather owe it to him than cheat him out of the dues.LOL[/quote]

HEY!!! :mad: Watch it mister....dem der dues is due to me ASAP, or I'll call Eric and he'll send Pellet to chew your leg. ;-)[/quote]

Does Pellet want to go on a date, Sage is lonely since her mom, Nutmeg passed away this year?

We do have a playmate coming in a few weeks, Cayenne.

Attachments

• The Girls 029 (Large).jpg
    The Girls 029 (Large).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 396
  • PC090634 (Large).jpg
    PC090634 (Large).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 375
  • PC090676 (Large).jpg
    PC090676 (Large).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 376
I just stumbled across this thread so that reminded me does my recent purchase of 4 tons and the statement that the lowes employee made "we never had anyone buy and take 4 tons at the same time before" qualify me to be a to be a member of the great pellet pig club?

I didn't want to inquire on how, but since its been said? I had just over 4 Tons before September. Either brought home in my 03 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 or my wifes Grand Cherokee (by trailer). Just picked up my 2nd stove yesterday, finished cleaning it today (1 year old Fahrenhiet Endurance) And me and the wife went to Home Depot last night and bought 5 more tons. (Gonna be a long hard week) 1 ton a day till Friday!!! Tried uploading a pic of the furnace, still don't get it. Hopefully its in my Avatar. Is that enough to qualify to be a Pig?? I scratched pellet at Kinsman Stoves a couple weeks ago, seemed to like me.. Next time I'm there I will have to "Stock" the fridge.

86 toy said:
I just stumbled across this thread so that reminded me does my recent purchase of 4 tons and the statement that the lowes employee made "we never had anyone buy and take 4 tons at the same time before" qualify me to be a to be a member of the great pellet pig club?

Supposed to be before the seasons first frost. Well there is a loop hole here we are in the 2011 season and the first frost is in September October. So what the heck! I vote yes! Send imacman your dues paymant! ;-)

DexterDay said:
I didn't want to inquire on how, but since its been said? I had just over 4 Tons before September. Either brought home in my 03 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 or my wifes Grand Cherokee (by trailer). Just picked up my 2nd stove yesterday, finished cleaning it today (1 year old Fahrenhiet Endurance) And me and the wife went to Home Depot last night and bought 5 more tons. (Gonna be a long hard week) 1 ton a day till Friday!!! Tried uploading a pic of the furnace, still don't get it. Hopefully its in my Avatar. Is that enough to qualify to be a Pig?? I scratched pellet at Kinsman Stoves a couple weeks ago, seemed to like me.. Next time I'm there I will have to "Stock" the fridge.

DexterDay your a lock in my book! Send imacman your dues paymant! ;-)

Add this to your sig's!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves†- eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome aboard!

Yep Dexter, I'd say you're a shoo-in. And the fact that you gave Pellet a scratch & he liked you is the same as having another 1/2 ton. :lol:

Oh, and don't forget the payof.....er,ah,...... I mean the "dues" for the club. The cold "storage" is getting a little low. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.