How do I connect my 8" round to a 8" oval?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromHollywood

Oct 13, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I just acquired a used Lopi fireplace insert with an 8" round opening on the top. My masonry fireplace has an 8" oval liner that goes through the smoke shelf (where the damper used to be) and then connects to a round liner above that.

In order to connect the stove to that oval liner, I need a stove pipe adapter that can connect the 8" round to an 8" oval in the firebox.

Everything I can find seems to be for a brand named Vermont Castings brand stoves.

Isn't this a typical setup that I have (a stove with a 8" round and a fireplace that has an 8" oval)?

What Lopi insert model is this? Most have 6" flue collars.

Gotcha. That is an old fellow. As you've found out, the main call for an 8" oval adapter is to connect large VC stoves to standard 8" round pipe. That adapter might work with your setup. It might take crimping the 8" round end to fit in the insert flue collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.