How do I get to the vacuum hose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2011
Bunker Hill, IL
Have read on several posts to take off the vacuum hose, blow it out and reattach or replace if necessary.

Where is it on USSC Model 6500 and how do I get to it?

On my stove, I remove the side panel, same side as the combustion blower. There it is, small hose a lot like the air hose in an aquarium.

Nope.

Combustion blower provides air for the fire, and exhausts the fumes outside.

Distribution/convection blower blows the room air through the heat exchanger and back out (heated) into the room.

Two entirely separate air paths, two entirely separate blowers.

Thank you for explaining but I still HAVE NO IDEA how to get to my vacuum hose?

The manual shows all the parts but not HOW to access. Seems several on the forum check and clean theirs regularly so must be important to good maintenance.

Are there any USSC Model 6500 owners that can help me?

You likely have to remove a side panel.

Both of my side panels swing open so I can access the interior of the stove shell to work on the blowers, etc ...

Your's might require a latch to be pressed or otherwise operated, or some screws to be removed.

Try calling the number below, I had to do a service for them.

In the case of a service tech needing assistance from US Stove have them call 423.837.2100 dial “0†for the operator. They will ask the operator to page Josh, Anthony or Susie. The technician will need to tell the operator that they are on a service call and need technical assistance to diagnose a stove.

Thank You but found out there is a very small solid panel on the left side of the furnace (if you are facing it) that houses the stirrer motor and that is supposed to be where it is.

Will check it out this weekend. This may help other USSC Model 6500 owners. The manual is of NO help.

Status
Not open for further replies.