How do I post a spreadsheet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjnamtiw

Minister of Fire
Well, skidozer was nice enough to donate a set of turbulators to me for some more heat transfer testing using my Castile. I did a series of tests and entered the results in a spreadsheet. I can't figure out how to go from that format to a picture format so this system will accept it. I know how to post pictures, of course, but can't find a solution to this one. I can convert it to html and I can do a 'printscreen'.

It's too much info to just post it like I did in the earlier thread. Ideas??? Please.

sign up for google docs...just google that...it will let you post a link to the document...you can set the privacy to only those with the link...

tiggere said:
sign up for google docs...just google that...it will let you post a link to the document...you can set the privacy to only those with the link...

I have my own website and I could upload to there and link it but I wanted to insert the actual spreadsheet into the message so people can see the results while they are reading what I did.

You can only post pictures here. I use a software package called snag it. It lets you capture the screen and save it as a jpeg image. There are loads of screen capture image tools out there. But if you PM you email I can capture the image and send it back as a jpeg so you can post

You can save it as a JPEG if you : Open the document and fit to your monitor screen, hit printscreen (above delete key) then go to start, all programs, photo editor, (may be in microsoft office tools), open and size a blank document, edit, paste, (or ctrl+v), name and save as JPEG type file.

You will have to resize to post here and I don't know how clear it will be because if the size limit on uploads.
Try it and see or post a link to a photbucket type account once it's converted.

J got me curious so I found one that works for me >>> ScreenHunter. Good to go now. Thanks for the inspiration, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.