How do i replace my ignitor on my Harman 25 anniv pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the underside of your burnpot, there are two thumbscrews.
Loosen them enough to remove the ignitor cover plate.
Remove the two 1/4 hex head zipscrews to release the ignitor bracket.
Gently pull the two wires that disappear into the nether regions of the stove towards you,
until you locate the spade connectors. Disconnect them to remove the entire assembly.
You will have to bend part of the bracket to remove the ignitor body from it.
Reverse the steps to reinstall, but you will have to locate the ignitor wires from the rear
of the unit in order to pull them most of the way out of the ignitor cavity.
You have to do this do get them away from the heat of the active ignitor.
In order to get to these wires from the rear, you will have to remove the
lower rear shroud(s). While you're in there, you might as well pull the ESP & clean that with
whatever you use to clean your glass - DO NOT USE ABRASIVES - or you will damage the ESP.
It's in the exhaust pipe that's attached to the stove & is held in place by another 1/4" hex head zipscrew.
Remove the screw & pull the ESP straight out. Don't twist or bend it.
Clean it & while it's out, you might as well run a brush thru the venting.
More than you intended to do, but it's worth your while to keep this baby clean.
It will treat you right if you do!
HTH.

Reactions: roadking88
Status
Not open for further replies.