How has Harman stove quality changed since Hearth Tech took over?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val

Mar 17, 2012
NY
Wondering about how Harman stoves are changing since the old days. I have an older P38 (2000) and a newer P43 and I seem to think that Harman has improved upon stove engineering but I think they might be going cheaper on build. Maybe they are cutting corners and using thinner metal in some areas of build that arent as obvious or are they using cheaper motors-widings and castings?...etc. Is this happening? I think the older P38 seems slightly "beefier" than the newer P43.

I am not familiar with the very old pellet stoves from the 1990's, but I think they were built like a tank. Does anyone keep the old machines going?

I would think it was just time for harman to sell out to the global market instead of being an independant small company.

Customer service has really changed this last year. Was able to get a real tech eventually. Now get a operator reading from the manual:( Seems now I probably have more knowledge of the PC45 than the dealers in state and the corporate offices in Minneapolis.

Reactions: rona
Wondering about how Harman stoves are changing since the old days. I have an older P38 (2000) and a newer P43 and I seem to think that Harman has improved upon stove engineering but I think they might be going cheaper on build. Maybe they are cutting corners and using thinner metal in some areas of build that arent as obvious or are they using cheaper motors-widings and castings?...etc. Is this happening? I think the older P38 seems slightly "beefier" than the newer P43.

I am not familiar with the very old pellet stoves from the 1990's, but I think they were built like a tank. Does anyone keep the old machines going?

I would think it was just time for harman to sell out to the global market instead of being an independant small company.
I haven't any knowlege of the old harmans,but comparing my new accentra to the other new stoves on the market it's still built like a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.