how much for a bigger saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
i know nothing is set in stone...but what can i expect to pay for a bigger saw...like an 034 super or bigger in nice shape?..i have a 290 now and wanna get a bigger one

Million variables there. New? Used? Ebay? CL? Good buddy discount? Oh and exactly what saw?

60cc saw is the range im looking for...maybe up to 65cc..... ebay.....locally ...stihl dealer saw traded in maybe .....so yes used saw...

I've seen 034AV go for $250+ in very good condition. I would expect the 034 Super, 036, 036 Pro to be in that $250-300 range depending upon condition. Have no idea what a Husky in the 60cc range would go for. Once you break into the 70cc saws, 044/MS440 046/MS460 the price increases sharply.

steeltowninwv said:
i know nothing is set in stone...but what can i expect to pay for a bigger saw...like an 034 super or bigger in nice shape?..i have a 290 now and wanna get a bigger one

I bought a new 440 last summer. 25" bar, 1 extra chain, 1 hat = $960 OTD

steeltowninwv said:
60cc saw is the range im looking for...maybe up to 65cc..... ebay.....locally ...stihl dealer saw traded in maybe .....so yes used saw...

$150-$500

Status
Not open for further replies.