How much heat might I lose? Somerset vs. greenway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehabbingisgreen

Sep 29, 2010
Missouri
I've been burning somerset pellets because they are one of the many I have tried so far that put out enough heat for me. Any idea if I try greenway pellets if the heat is going to be much less than the somersets? I have to drive 70 plus miles in snow for the somersets and they just got some greenway in town. Haven't tried them yet ever. Tomorrow is the only day we have to go get pellets if we do go out of town and the weather is going to get very cold at -6 by Thurs night.

I can only get someset, greenway and american wood fibers here. I just have one of those magnetic flue thermomter on the frount of my stove. The someset are the hottest burn for me. the greenway my surface temp is about 20 degrees cooler but they burn fine in my stove.

If you are going to travel then get a few tons to make it worth the trip. I had Lowe's drop 8 tons of somersets in the driveway for $65.00 I could not beat the price if I pic them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.