How much Radiant heat from Harman accentra 52i-TC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Emmal

Aug 19, 2021
Oregon
Hi,
I’m about to purchase a Harman accentra 52i-TC, but then I was reading today about how pellet stoves don‘t have any radiant heat. I‘d like some radiant heat, that warm my bones feeling. I understand now it’s mostly convection heat, I would like to feel warmer when I sit near it. Can anyone with an accentra comment on this? I’m am excited about the pellet stove, so this is a curveball that’s making me second guess myself at the last minute.

Absolutely, like DAKSY said, most from the glass, however there will be decent radiant heat from the sides as well

Thanks! That’s great to hear. I love the idea of the ease of a pellet stove, as far as starting it and not having to deal with wood. Sounds like I’ve made the right choice.