how much $ to cut up ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
100_7053.JPG100_7057.JPG100_7059.JPG Have a carpentry job to bid on and they also need the tree removed. This is an insurance job
and was wondering what to charge for the tree removel. Will insurance also pay to cut down the rest of the tree and grind the stump ? Thanks for your help. J.T.

Not looking to get rich but don't want to do it just for the firewood either.

The part of the tree that isn't down does not look safe to me. The picture of the stump shows a very hollow stump that is split. In my opinion that means insurance should pay for it to come down.

I would say $1500 that would include removal and taking out the standing part. close power lines and house make it harder so use that to justify price.

$600 to $800 bucks (not including the stump removal) is a fair number to do the tree IMHO. That's what I would bid it at. You'll have to be careful taking the remaining branch down. Fair amount of firewood their too....

That's a large trunk and the wood is no good. Getting that down and the stump ground will be quite a job. You need to get some bids on that part of the job to be included in your bid. That is more than half the job.

Thanks for the opinions. The rest of the trunk should be pretty easy to drop. It is hollow all the way down I believe.
I've never ground any stumps but it seems it would be fairly easy to grind being rotten in the middle. I think I'll go $600 and more if they want the stump ground.

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.