How much would a used MS 270 bring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a MS 362 next week. I don't need to unload my 270 beforehand but I'm kind of curious as to how much I may be able to get for this saw. Its not been used heavily and I've owned it for about 3 years. I process about 3.5 cords a year and most of that is already bucked when I get it. I would guess I cut 1 to 1-1/2 cords a year with it. It really cuts pretty good but I just want something with a little more muscle.

Now for a little juicy little tidbit. My Stihl guy told me on the side there will be an unadvertised 10% off on May 14th. Which is why I'm thinking next weekend. :coolsmile:

On ebay would bring 80-90 percent of what you paid for it...If its great condition!

I think I paid a little more than $400. I looked on eBay and only saw one that sold for more then $300, and a couple for less. If I could get $300 I would take it in a heartbeat. I'm going to clean it up and see what it looks like. It has never been abused but I didn't baby it either. Me just knowing the saw I would consider it at least in very good condition for being 3 years old.

JoeyD said:
I think I paid a little more than $400. I looked on eBay and only saw one that sold for more then $300, and a couple for less. If I could get $300 I would take it in a heartbeat. I'm going to clean it up and see what it looks like. It has never been abused but I didn't baby it either. Me just knowing the saw I would consider it at least in very good condition for being 3 years old.

Last one I sold was a ms 180 went for 210.00 I paid 190.00 new for it. It really needs to look its best and do a you tube video and post it as well...Starting it up and running a couple of cookies with it.

Joey...trust me...it's OK to own more than a single chainsaw. At least that's the sentiment around here. Jay, back me up dude. ;-)

Beetle-Kill said:
Joey...trust me...it's OK to own more than a single chainsaw. At least that's the sentiment around here. Jay, back me up dude. ;-)

Yep +1, if I like it, its a keeper, but would not be afraid to sell it and by 2- 362's. That way you would even need to fill up or sharpen in the field ALL GRAVY BABY!

A decent MS290 will go for ~$250 on local CL. I wouldn't pay much more for an MS270. From what I've seen, eBay price will be more than CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.