How old is too old for a used pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

You'refired

Dec 12, 2017
Canada
First post here so be gentle. Have found a used Harman P61-2 with auto igniter for sale. Checked with Harman and they said it was made summer of 2006. Owners say it has been serviced regularly but who doesn't say that. Any reservations buying a stove of that age? Thanks.

No If the price is good and they are good stoves
I use an Envrio stove built in 2002
I regularly buy -refurbish and sell 2000
to present stoves

Reactions: bags
I bought a new P68 in Oct 2014 and within a month bought a 2006 PC45. Both are excellent stoves and dependable. The savings was well worth it on the used one at $1,600 buy in vs. $4 grand plus for the P68.

The 68 is 8 years newer and not much different although it does respond to adjustments quicker. The PC 45 is the same chassis as the P61 but has an older style board, probe, etc; and can burn 100% corn. That said the 61 and all Harmans can burn up to a 50% corn pellet mix anyway.

What type of price is this 61 offered at? If it is a good price and in good working order it could be a good deal. That P61 and a new one are basically the same stove but different prices. New 61's are $3,869 list price and then throw tax on it and it is well over the $4 grand price point.

I just picked one up for $400 Canadian...so far its very impressive

I picked up my Harman p61 last fall for 500 bucks. Build date was 97 and all the motors were original, and still are original. The guy said he used it for 2 years and then they got natural gas. She just keeps chewing up pellets.but I do have some backup parts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk