How to automate my Harman p35 through the thermostat connection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

schmobodia

Nov 13, 2022
N Am
I’d like to be able to control my p35 through my home automation platform. I have it on a smart switch, but this doesn’t allow the stove to do its “cool done” process.

My stove has the small room sensor, but it would appear I can use an alternative “thermostat” connection.

But what sort of control would I need for this? What does a thermostat typically output for a signal to active the stove?

I've had mine running with a millivolt programmable stat for nearly a decade and no issues. I recently connected a Nest using a 24vac relay and it's just fine. Now I can actually get data on how often it duty cycles and control it from anywhere. See attached photo for wiring to Nest, relay and room temp sensor (TC).
I want to connect a smart switch next to the igniter and have full control to turn it on and off completely.

20221206_171633.jpg