How To Convert A "Corn Flame 5000" Stove To Burn Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on which stove make and model. The original made for corn stove, the Countryside, needs little other than tweaking the air or changing the pot.

Depends on which stove make and model. The original made for corn stove, the Countryside, needs little other than tweaking the air or changing the pot.
OK---thought that may be an issue----the stove is a Corn Flame---Model 5000. The label on the stove says made in Bean Station, Tenn---but I'm pretty sure they're gone. It seems that most of these older stove makers are gone----what's up with that???

Corn went from under $2 to $8. Some of the designs were a pain to keep clean and running. Auto start now common, and ESP to regulate fuel-air mix. Companies could not or would not advance their stoves. One of the better stoves started something else and had several of the execs go to jail.

Corn went from under $2 to $8. Some of the designs were a pain to keep clean and running. Auto start now common, and ESP to regulate fuel-air mix. Companies could not or would not advance their stoves. One of the better stoves started something else and had several of the execs go to jail.
Wow---nothing like a little intrigue to keep things interesting. So whaddaya think about converting this corn flame to wood pellets?? Also, what is ESP---Extra Sensory Perception??? haha

Exhaust sensing probe, does like the O2 sensor on a car. Most of the snowflame stoves in this area where converted to $$ at the scrap yard. I have yet to get into one even though a lot were sold around here. Now that a friend has started a metal recycling operation two mile from me I will maybe have him keep an eye out for one.

Exhaust sensing probe, does like the O2 sensor on a car. Most of the snowflame stoves in this area where converted to $$ at the scrap yard. I have yet to get into one even though a lot were sold around here. Now that a friend has started a metal recycling operation two mile from me I will maybe have him keep an eye out for one.
I have a source for the stove. I need to know what would be involved in converting it to burn wood pellets, especially what it may cost me to do that conversion.

Start a thread "snowflame convertable to pellets ?" Maybe someone with first hand experience will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.