How to fast turn on and off a wood stove?

Caw

Minister of Fire
May 26, 2020
Massachusetts
Sorry I know this is getting off of the original topic. You guys that talk about heat pumps, is that a geothermal/water source heat pump or air source? I'm thinking about getting a couple of those mini splits for heating a few rooms farthest from my stove but I only know a few people who have them.
My heat pump is air sourced. Basically it's just an A/C that runs in both directions and it's soon to be powered by my solar panels.

Geo is a different beast I can't really comment on. No experience.

Reactions: gthomas785

gthomas785

Feeling the Heat
Feb 8, 2020
Central MA
My heat pump is air sourced. Basically it's just an A/C that runs in both directions and it's soon to be powered by my solar panels.

Geo is a different beast I can't really comment on. No experience.
That's what I was hoping to hear. Those heat pumps seem to be a really good deal these days and the install is within my skill set so I'll probably get one this year

nortcan

Burning Hunk
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec
Thanks--my installer said that he would show me how to light the fire and I am trying to collect wood now but he says he has some dry wood to bring---good...I will at first buy kiln dried wood and learn how to use the moisture thingy...so we will see and this will be a new learning experience for me....Believe me it will be a very very small fire just to get my feet wet so to speak..All work has been delayed for there is 4 or 5 inches of snow outside and its been raining as well as freezing--terrible --I am ready for warm weather..lol clancey..
AH-AH, very curious you are south and I'm North and look at that for this morning . Anyway, I hope you can get the stove warming you before July LOL...

Attachments

clancey

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2021
Colorado
I hope so too because in July I will not want to be near no heat..lol What is that little house thing with the windows? clancey

nortcan

Burning Hunk
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec
I hope so too because in July I will not want to be near no heat..lol What is that little house thing with the windows? clancey
My wife's condo, LOL The cat was an errant one so we adopted him and he feels good at home, if you take a look back to the photo showing the garage you will see at the left of the garage a ramp so the cat has access to the garage where he has his own heated condo but not with a wood stove, the cat doesn't want to take care of the stove...

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: gthomas785